Chapter 29: Succumb

Chapter 29: Succumb

I found myself in front of my apartment. I didn't know where to to go or where to stay. I was too dangerous. I was too broken to even process everything. I kept on walking and walking 'till my foot reach this very apartment. The apartment where my sister and I used to reside.

From the very start; Cvan, Raynie and Raylen knew who I was and what I was capable of. The twins knew who I was in the past and Cvan knew every little bits of me, my strengths and my weakness and yet he never told me, mentioned to me that he shot my sister dead.

I knew, I knew if he did told me I would hate him and I guess it was right for him to let me live in ignorance for a while. For awhile, it did made me, us happy. It was a gift wrapped in a box and was indeed so special.

A memory of happiness of us forever ingrained in me.

I was on the state of temporary amnesia because of being hit forcefully hard by a metal and the trauma of my sister shot dead caught up to me, making me lose my emotions. But now I have it all back; the emotions, the memories and it's aching, stinging my insides. The thoughts hunting me. Hunting the past I have left.

I have to face it. I know that more than anyone but I was too weak to even move.

I was crouched beneath the table. Hiding myself, crying my heart out. At least, I still have the tears to cry. I wasn't numb. I could remember my sister. She used to scold me, telling me I was too emotionally engrossed on Cvan and that wasn't good. I should at least know the importance of my value. If by means I knew that, then only would Cvan know how expensive my worth was. I followed her and she was right. She always was.

But why? Why would Cvan do that?

And I found myself weeping again. I felt my knuckles tighten. I was angry, furious but the strong love I have for him was calling out to me. Adamantly.

"..do not let anger take over you okay? That might destroy you for real." Keon's words echoed.

I yelled. I started screaming vehemently. I threw everything I see. It felt like I couldn't breath. My sister was the one who stood up as my parent when our parents was assassinated and Cvan...taught me the joys of affection.

But the both of them betrayed me.

My sister left me and Cvan...

I started thrashing again. No one could ever understand the pain continuously pricking my very fragile heart. My soul breaking apart. The pain slowly, slowly, catching up to me all these years. Succumbing me.

I felt my legs wobble 'till I lost my strength to even move. To even cry. I gazed into nothing. My brain suddenly empty of thoughts.

Maybe it was fate that my eyes caught upon the ancient box. Maybe my life would be different, would be wrapped into despair if it wasn't for the box I saw on this day.

My mind was still on chaos and turmoil but I approached the box. I eyed it intensely. It was locked.

I held it on my hand and roamed my eyes around it. I shook it and there was a faint sound of object inside the box.

I looked around, trying my luck to find the key to open the box.

The box: I remember it being an important one for my sister. She told me it was given to her by our parents. Maybe that's why I wanted to open it.

"the necklace Aly.." Cvan words echoed. I abruptly fiddled with the necklace on my neck. I've always wondered why it's too heavy. Why the letter J seemed too weighty for a necklace.

I removed it from my neck. I hovered it in front of me. It was just a normal necklace but my eyes caught upon a tiny button on the arch of the letter J---and I clicked that.

Suddenly, the J opened. My eyes widen. There was a key inside.

So that's why it was heavy; a key was hidden on this necklace.

I remember Cvan giving this to me. Did my sister entrust this to him? But why did he killed her? She shouldn't suppose to trust Cvan!

I'm utterly in the state of bafflement.

I reached for the small key and I went to the box. I used the key and the box unlocked.

There was a letter and a USB.

I reached for the letter. It was three pages.

To my little sister.

I was stoned on my position. The handwriting... its my sister's.