Chapter 10: Connection

I woke up early, took a fast shower and arrived at the class with Keon engrossed on his laptop. I sat beside him. He glanced at my direction then turned back to his laptop. He was typing furiosly indicating that he was busy and doesn't want to be disturbed.

I sighed and took out my laptop. The professor entered the room with instructions throwing out of his lips. I barely understood him telling the class to continue with the project on hand. Of course I, being an obedient student, immersed herself into the wonders of the alluring paper specifications... sarcastic as that was.

I was typing and typing before my lips started to itch for questions to ask to the guy sitting beside me. But he was absorbed and enwrap unto the world of codes and I wanted so bad to return him to reality, to ask him, to let him make me feel the basics of basics of emotions.

Cvan could maybe..maybe help me with that but my flashbacks drew me to Keon, and if he was indeed my lover, feeling and sensing happiness wouldn't be so hard... Right?

Saving the file on my laptop, I turned to Keon, only to see him with his lips twitched upward, gazing at me.

"Hey," he spoke. He once again handed me cookies, I took it and kept it on the pockets of my bag.

I opened my mouth to speak, finally letting out the bubbles of curiousty popped out of my personal quizzical mind.

"Are we in a relationship before? Were you my boyfriend?" I asked with no hesitation. He looked taken aback, suprised even before a sly smile formed on his lips but splashed away before I could even acknowledged it.

Was this still the same Keon I've grown to know?

"That's for you to know, Jina." He took his laptop and his bag and strolled towards the door, I followed him, grab my bag and walked to his side. I took his arms on my hand and I folded the sides of his jacket. The tattoo was still there, still intact, still the same as the flashbacks. Keon looked at me, his eyes now playing no emotion.

We were now standing outside. I have five minutes before my next class but the curiosity I had was piling up. Maybe I was just desperate to feel even the little bits of joy on my insides. They said it was a perfect bliss, an insatiable feeling. A feeling, I'm guessing I once felt.

I took a small step, closing the gap between us as I encased Keon's body on mine. His warmth radiated my December morning. And though I felt a tingle of delight, that wasn't enough to resurface the sleeping emotions hiding itself unto my dark empty abyss.

He lifted his arms as he tightened the embrace we shared. Staring blankly into nothing, I didn't move from his firm grasp. It wasn't like I was drowning myself into him. It wasn't like I already felt the so-called love in Keon's arms but it was just I guess, I wanted to know why physical contact seemed so important unto the paradise of relationships. And maybe, for a reason that touch has no words, and its in those ways that just by that, a person could understand right away what the other person has to say. A human connection wired to make out the meaning of the distinct yet complex of emotions. And as I stand so near Keon, I began to see and to know the real meaning of it all.

I pulled away from his hold. And as I did so, the silhouette standing behind him caught my attention. I took a glimpse of the shadow and there was Cvan, standing and looking steadily at us. His face was stoic and it felt like he was used to that...

Staring in a distance.

If he felt something negative, he didn't show it. Keon looked back to who I was staring at and I caught once again the sly yet sincere smile patched on his face .

Keon rests his eyes on mine before kissing my cheeks and went to the direction of his next class. So..was he my boyfriend? I'm really getting confused as hell.

Cvan decided to approach me and he had a sad smile on his lips. "So.. Keon and you?" He asked softly.

"Yeah," I replied impassively.

"Did you feel something...with him?"

"I'm not sure." I answered truthfully. "I'm gonna go. I have a class."

Was it just me or I heard Cvan whispered "that's supposed to be me." I shrugged. Maybe I heard wrong.