Chapter 2: Aura

Chapter 2: Aura

I woke up with my phone vibrating furiously.

"Hello?" I groggily answered.

"Jina Ferreza?" an old tone of voice said.

"Yes?"

"We have some information about your sister."

I sat up straightly, suddenly awake.

"It might seem like an assassin killed your sister. That's all  we know for now. If we have gathered enough information again, we will contact you as soon as possible." I didn't notice I was gripping my phone too hard.

"Thank you." I uttered coldly.

I dropped the call and I started cleaning my desk. Assassin huh. Why would an assassin kill my sister? Did she do something that violated the law? Did she piss somebody off? If there was one thing I remember about my sister, she was selfless, jolly and moody but people loved her probably because of her warm-hearted nature. You would always feel the love she emanated when you're with her. I guess that there was something more to her death that what my mind could think. My eyes caught upon a small ancient box beneath the scattered papers on my desk. I looked at it and it seemed lock. I put it back. I don't know where's the key. Maybe though, I'll find it somewhere in this house.

I took a bath and it took me an hour to finish. I got dressed and I went to my workplace.

I locked my car and turned around only to find a face so near me, staring at me.

I could smell his minty breath, his eyes pitch black.

"You again." I nonchalantly uttered.

"Yes," he smiled.

"How do you know I work here?"

"I'm your stalker." he smirked.

I walked right passed him and he took his phone, hovered it on my face then 'click.' I blinked my eyes intensely, bothered by the flash. He stared at the picture like he just succeeded a bowling match. I looked at him for awhile. I could imagine him bedding thousands of girls. Now I know that's a bit exaggerated but based from his features, he could do that and so my mind is in wonder why he's here and why he uttered those bizarre words. I looked at myself. Eh. I am not interesting at all.

People are weird.

I impassively went inside the fast-food chain and he was still there tailgating behind me.

I went into the counter and I started getting orders.

He was sitting in a place where he could see me clearly. He was smiling and waving but I ignored him.

I was busy taking orders when all of a sudden, a group of girls went to his table and started talking to him. He was smiling at them, maybe out of courtesy. A girl brought out his phone, asking for his number but he shook his head and the girls went back to their table gloomily.

He is handsome. I could see that. He is tall but pale. He has eyebags on his face but it isn't that obvious. He has a lean built and well, I don't know his name.

I finished my shift 5 hours later and he is still there, waiting. Why would he even wait patiently for me? Is he crazy or something? Maybe he is.

"Hi Jina," he was now beside me, walking.

"How did you know my name?"

"I'm your stalker remember?" he looked down at me, a small smile on his face.

I think that this guy isn't just any stalker. There is something else. I don't know what it is but there is something off about him. I feel like he knows something that I don't know.

"What is your name?" I asked.

I unlocked my car and he was standing there, pondering about my question. I could sense sorrow on his aura and though I cannot feel what he feels, I do know that that feeling inflicts wound to his heart.

"Cvan." he whispered.

I went inside my car and I drove off.