Chapter 30: Erstwhile

2 years ago

"Why are we here Vina?" She asked her big sister. She didn't know why her sister had guided her to the woods. It was creepy and scary for her but as usual her big sister was just as brave as she knew. She doesn't know what could make her sister afraid.

Though her sister did once mention to her that the one thing she feared the most was to lose the people she had gave her heart too.

And well other than that, her sister wasn't afraid of death or being hit, let alone tortured. She told her if she needed too suffer for the one she loves then so be it. As long as no one would touch any people she cared about. 

"I saw a snake here awhile ago. I wanted to catch it." Her sister uttered.

She felt shivers crawling its way on her skin. Of all animals to pet, her sister wanted a snake? How weird could her sister get?

"Vina no. Just no. Snake is too dangerous. It could kill you, me," Jina eyess were wide in fear.

Vina laughed. "Jina my snakes are not venemous. I found a ball python here awhile ago. Usually they grow in sub-saharan desert so I was thinking if no one would take care of that snake, he would die so I want to take him." She continued looking for the snake.

"But sis that is still a snake! Who knows what they could do!?"

"Jina it's a python and pythons aren't a venemous constrictor." She resumed.

She raised her hands in annoyance. Who likes snakes? Oh yeah, her sister.

She continued following her sister.

"How's you and Keon?" Jina teased her sister.

She saw a smile on her sister's lips. "We're okay. He takes care of my snakes." She chortled.

"Have you told him your feelings?" Jina knew the love her sister had for Keon but her sister has a problem expressing her feelings. It's better at times if she expresses her feelings even if she had a hard time interpreting it because we never really know when our time we'll run out.

"Jina, I love him but I don't know why I can't seem to express that freely to him. If one day comes that I'll meet my own death, please tell him for me." She said gently.

"Why not now?"

"Maybe I haven't express it by words but he's not that naive to not feel it in my actions right?" she giggled happily.

Jina shook her head. "You're hopeless Vina."

"Maybe I am." She smiled gently.

Jina took out her phone and started scrolling through her news feed. She was thankful there was still a signal inside the woods.

She walked but her eyes were focused on her screen. There were pictures posted by Keon--- snakes. She shuddered. The snakes were too big. How could her sister live with snakes?

Then Raynie posted a status:

Why I stay is beyond me.

She shook her head. Raynie was too patient for someone like Rocco. She hoped though that her friend could still save herself if Rocco and her separate ways.

Raylen well, he had two girls on his side, clinging to him. She rolled her eyes. Raylen, as usual.

She logged out of her profile and went for the call. She dialed Cvan's number.