My eyes would travel everywhere but his face, not feeling used to this contact. But this feeling in me had a thought that his eyes never left me.

You know, I could be wrong. But I also have a feeling that I'm not.

I feel one of his arms come off of my waist. I don't think much of it until his hand comes up to turn my head to look at his; him flashing a small smile. His hand stays on my cheek a little longer before he takes it off and sets it back down to holding my waist.

"I love your eyes," he says, making my cheeks turn a light pink, once again.

"Ethan, stop flirting," I chuckle, pulling my head closer to his chest.

"Why can't I?"

"I shouldn't be the one to remind yourself that you have a girlfriend," I reply, cocking my eyebrow up.

He sighs, resting his forehead to mine, "You're right. Sorry," he says, chuckling nervously.

"Don't be," I reach my hand up, caressing his cheek; grinning to reassure him he didn't need to be.

----

graysons pov (woah)

"They look cute don't they?" A voice from behind me says, making me jump 162738ft in the air. I hold my hand to my chest to reassure that my heart is still pumping.

"Jeez, you scared the crap out of me," I exclaimed, steadying my breathing.

"What were you doing spying on your brother and Carter? Hm?" She asks, crossing her arms, cocking up an eyebrow.

"Nothing," I say, glancing back at the two who were dancing in the garden. "Aren't you jealous or something?" I ask, leaning back on the door frame as I was earlier.

"Look at him," she says, pointing at Ethan who was smiling like an idiot at the girl in front of him. "The way he looks at her– he's just so in love," she chuckles, "Don't you agree."

I sigh, looking at how happy Ethan was. And how happy he'd be with Carter. Then looking at how happy Carter was. And how happy she'd be with Ethan. They're like, meant for each other.

"Yeah. I do," I agree.

Kenzie and I continue to admire how beautiful they looked. Ethan twirling her, making her tilt her head back laughing. The amount of grinning they do when their faces are close. They're saying things to one another, but we can't quite make out what their saying. But you could tell whatever they told each other made one another happy. Really happy.

After a couple seconds, Kenzie sighs leaning off the other side of the door, "I should probably go. But tell Ethan to text me. I have a feeling he'll be pretty relieved when I break up with him," she says, making me nod. "Plus, if someone looked at me the way they look at each other, Id want Ethan to break up with me too," she laughs.

"I've known him for 10 months," she says, hugging her arms, "Carter has known him his whole life." She gives me a smile before backing up and leaving the room, leaving me wondering.

Kenzie just gave up Ethan so fast. Because she knows Ethan has actual feelings for his best friend. She was willing to end her 10 month relationship just to save Ethan and Carter's.