chapter 15

Chapter 15

Isabelle’s POV

I pulled on my leggings and an big stripped jumper, it felt like I was being hugged all the time, I wonder if the hotel has a gym, we’d be here for a few days so it may be nice to do a bit of exercise, but that spaghetti was really good, maybe I should start eating just a little, just so I didn’t feel so horrible all the time, I pulled on my boots, washed my face and put on simple make up, tying my hair in a long plait down my back, I drank some water and walked out, Andy was standing outside the door, I jumped, he smiled and kissed my cheek before walking into the bathroom, I blushed and went back to my bunk, noticing Sammi looking at me, staring really. I knew I shouldn’t have told her, something like that makes people look at you differently, I grimaced and climbed into my bunk, I hadn’t cried, which was good, I had sort of used Sammi as a practise, but I knew telling Andy would be a lot harder, mostly because it would make me seem weak, I hated him, I wish I could rip his head off, my stupid ex who ruins everything. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. Eventually we arrived at the hotel, Andy came to my bunk, gently moving back the curtain and seeing the pain in my eyes, the or tear that I had let escape still fell down my cheek, I sniffed and got out, Andy just looked at me, I knew he wouldn’t ask but I couldn’t not tell him.

“inside” I said quietly, with that he grabbed my bag and his and we walked inside, I tried to tell him that he didn’t have to carry my bags but he insisted, a frowned as we went up in the elevator, we were on the 5th floor, I walked emotionless to the door and waited for Andy to use the key, once he did I went to the bed and curled into a ball, I felt him wrap his arms around me, the bags discarded on the floor, I moved out of his arms, I moved of the bed and motioned for him to stay when he tried to follow him, I stood facing the bed, Andy sat crossed legged in the centre, I breathed in and started.

“My ex, he was, well, he was a drunk, he… beat me, and the night I ran away from him, he, he…” I broke off, sinking to my knees, sobbing, he came over to me and wrapped his arms around me again, I pushed him away, backing into the corner, he didn’t deserve someone as weak as I was.

“God, just tell me already, could it really be that bad?” he almost shouted, angry that I had refused his comfort. My eyes were wide now, with shock and upset, tears streaming down my face.

“HE RAPED ME! HAPPY, ARE YOU HAPPY, YOU KNOW NOW, IM WEAK, AND HE LEFT ME ON THE FLOOR, TELLING ME HOW UGLY AND FAT I AM, OKAY? IS YOUR LIFE COMPLETE?” I yelled pushing passed him towards the door, “I’m sorry, I’m weak” I said opening the door, and running down the hall, I pushed past Sammi and the rest of the band, who had just come up, I sprinted to the elevator, the doors just about to close, I pushed my hand in between the door and it opened, I went in and pushed the close door button, just as they all turned around and began to run for me, I waited for the doors to close and I exited the lobby, turning down the first alley I encountered, I pushed my way through the garbage, taking random turns, I walked along the darkened maze that ran behind the coffee shops and restaurants the populated the city we were in, tears fell down my cheeks, he had  shouted at me, and now he new, he new how weak I was, how I couldn’t stop it, how.. Eventually I ended up on the main road again, in an unfamiliar place; I heard a voice behind me, a voice that I hadn’t heard since that night.

“You not good enough for him, your ruining his life, c’mon, just come with me, you don’t have to bother them anymore” I shuddered and turned.

“You’re right, but I will never be with you!” I said, but looking into his eyes, I knew I dint have a choice, I turned on my heel, extending my leg to kick him, but it was no good, he grabbed my leg and pulled me towards him, punching me in the face, and knocking me out.

I woke, noticing briefly that my hands were tied to my back, I was on a bed, it was cold and rough, I noticed that I was only in my underwear, I shivered with cold as the door to the room opened, I couldn’t see who opened it, I had my back to the door, I convulsed as I felt hands around my waist, cold, brittle hands, a gruff voice said.