chapter 11

Chapter 11

I woke, I had black paint all over my chest, I sighed and put away my paints, I rubbed my eyes and got up, tip toeing into the bathroom to wash off the paint, I opened the door and slid it shut be hind me.

“Morning!” Andy said from behind me, I froze my back to him, he laughed and wrapped his arms around me, he was only wearing a towel, I gasped at the feeling of his chest against my thin top, he laughed once more.

I turned to face him, looking embarrassed at my shoes, the black paint completely covered my chest, I had strands of it in My hair as well, I could see in the mirror behind Andy, I looked a state.

“Hmm” Andy said, a smile playing at his lips “what, happened to you, you look as if you slept with a pot of paint!” he smiled, I looked down, he wasn’t too far from the truth.

“not exactly” I said looking sheepish, his arms moved from my hips to my face, he looked into my eyes and kissed me, I could hardly breathe, I gasped and pulled back, “I sort of need to shower” I said slowly.

“What’s stopping you?” he asked another smile playing at the corner of his mouth, I placed a hand on his chest and pushed him.

“You!” I exclaimed, turning him round and pushing him outside, throwing his clothes after him and planting a quick kiss on his amazing lips, I turned on my heel and locked the door, turning on the shower, it quickly heated up and I jumped in, feeling the semi-warm water flow over me, taking the paint with it, I looked down at the blackened water as it sped down the plug hole and I grinned, proud of my new bedroom, I continued to wash quickly and dry off, once I had done that I grabbed some clothes from my bunk and ran back to the bathroom, pulling on a pair of grey skinny jeans, a black vest top and a see through shirt, I put my hair in a messy bun and put on a necklace with an Egyptian hieroglyphic pendant around my neck, I pulled on socks and brown leather boots and walked out the bathroom, placing my towel and clothes back into my bed, I turned and went to watch TV in the main room. The bus was fairly big and the layout was simple, as well as the design, sleek and black with silver metallic borders, I loved it, I fell onto a black couch and flicked on the TV setting the volume to low. I had always been an early riser and I didn’t want to wake anyone else up, I flicked through stations until I found the news, I filled myself in on the goings on as I hadn’t really been with-it for a few days. Not much had changed, a celebrity had died, and a world leader had gone on a rampage, the usual. After the news became too repetitive I turned on an old western movie, I had always enjoyed old films, I liked to study the acting, like I had been taught back in school, I curled up, resting my head on my knees and settled in to watch.

It wasn’t long, about 30 minutes into the film, that the rest of the band began to wake up, going about their routines, some sat with me while they waited for the bathroom to free up and such, they asked me to explain the movie which I did several times, much to my annoyance, but I hid it, I liked this movie, it was about a handsome cowboy who moves to a new town in search of the man who killed his father, and when he meets a local girl and falls in love he has to chose what to go after, love or revenge, he ends up getting neither, which I liked, not the fact that he lost his girlfriend and ended up never finding his fathers murder, but that it wasn’t a happy ending, it was refreshing, non of this, “and they all lived happily ever after” crap, that the media fed us and we seemed to eat up, but a realistic portrayal of life, when it was finished I had CC on my right and Sammi on my left, I smiled and commented on how nice the movie was.

“Are you kidding?” CC asked “that was really depressing, there wasn’t even a happy ending!” he said staring at me, Sammi was doing the same, I laughed at there faces and explained.

“It just seems like, I dunno, like a more realistic portrayal of life than some of the other movies, what can I say, I’m a sucker for bad movies” I said grinning, CC rolled his eyes and walked away, saying something about doing his makeup, his hair and clothes already having been done, I smiled after him and turned to Sammi, we immediately began analysing the film, she focused on the camera work, lighting and angles etcetera whilst I commented on the acting techniques which hadn’t been used for some time, though I didn’t know why, we laughed at how critical we where and moved on the topic of food, she complained about how hungry she was, I said that I wasn’t but that I would probably be by the time we found somewhere to eat, it seemed we’d parked in a deserted parks lot, so there wasn’t likely to be food around unless we went out and found it, the fridge contained barely enough food for 1 let alone 7 and so me and Sammi grabbed our stuff and told the boys that we’d be back in a bit, the plan being that we would find food then call the gang to come find us, we talked along the way about Sammi’s photography, and how good it was, she showed me some of her photos on the camera that she had around her neck, which she never seemed to remove, I pretended to gag at the pictures of her and Jinxx kissing, in all honesty I though they were a cute couple, but me and Sammi laughed about it anyway, commenting and nit-picking through the photos until they lost meaning, I never said anything horrible though, and it was all very sarcastic, I couldn’t be mean to Sammi, and there wasn’t a single flaw in her photos anyway, after that we went on walking for a while, joking and trying to guess where in America we were, exactly.

After a while we came across a small high street where there was a small dinner on the corner, we called the boys to come find us, telling them the name of the place so they could google us, after about 10 minutes the van came down the road, pulling into a lot just to the right of the dinner, the boys got out, wearing hoods and scarf’s, the walked straight passed Sammi and I and walked into the dinner rubbing there stomachs except for Andy who caught me by the waist and kissed me before pulling me into the restaurant, we sat down in a booth, just big enough for all of us and set about reading the menus, I wasn’t really hungry, plus I didn’t want to gain any weight over the tour, so I just ordered a coke when the time came, saying that I would order something later if I got hungry, I knew I wouldn’t though, I hadn’t been hungry for about a year, not since… but anyway, I smiled when Andy curled his arm around me, clearly worried about me, I simply smiled, in what I hoped was a re-assuring way, up at him.