chapter 8

Chapter 8

I woke, with Andy on the other side of the bed, and a blanket pulled over me, clearly I had fallen asleep on top of the covers, I got up and checked the time on Andy’s phone 10 o’clock, shit, I was due for work in 30 minutes, and I didn’t have any clothes, I poked Andy.

“Hey, wake up, please wake up” I said desperately, eventually hitting him with a pillow.

“What, what, I’m up okay?” I smiled and sat down next to him as he sat up.

“I have work, and no clothes, I’m screwed” I said, he laughed and walked over to his suitcase, pulling out, black skinny jeans and a black vest, I smiled as he threw them at me, I walked into the bathroom and changed, it didn’t look right exactly, but I was presentable, I walked out and saw Andy pulling a black vest on over his bare chest, already wearing leather pants, I smiled and he walked me to his car.

“It will take us a while to get to your work, lets put some music on, okay?” he asked and I agreed, he turned on some unfamiliar music, it was good but I had never heard it.

“What is this?” I asked.

“oh this is my band, blackveilbrides, do you like it?” he asked giving me a flashy smile, I laughed and said that it was amazing, I looked at him, how could someone be so nice, attractive and talented at the same time, I laughed and leaned over, kissing him on the cheek, “you’re lucky we are at a stop light” he said “I could have crashed the car” I laughed and as soon as the light went green I kissed his cheek again, he laughed and soon we were at the hairdressers, I got out, and he did to, “what time do you stop working?” he asked.

I leant on the back of his car, “umm, around 5” I said, he grinned and walked over to me, kissing me on the lips a little harder now, I sighed and pulled away, I kissed his cheek and walked into the shop, waving over my shoulder as I went into work, god, I think I’m in love, that kiss took my breath away, I breathed.

“Any appointments?” I asked the wide eyed librarian, I realised that they must have all seen, we had just kissed right in front of the big window that opened onto the street, oh well, I took it in my stride, and nothing could ruin my day.

“Err, 6, busy day today!”

“I guess” I said walking over to my booth, I put my bag in my locker as my first appointment came in., I cut his hair in a daze thinking about Andy, I paced myself through the next six customers trying to keep my eyes in the room, I couldn’t stop smiling, my co-workers were looking over at me, I smiled even more, they had never seen me with a boy, I hadn’t been out with anyone for years, I noticed Sam looking my way often, I looked at her and blew her a kiss, she looked better, that made me feel brilliant, every thing was going to work out, I hope.

It was 5 now and I was the last one left, I breathed out and started walking towards my locker when I saw Andy’s car pull up outside the hairdressers, I smiled and ran out, locking the door, I ran up to the car just as he got out, I stopped when I saw his face, he was covered in bruises, he moved stiffly and his lip was cut, dripping with blood, he had another cut on the right side of his face, I gasped and ran up to him, taking his face in my hands, his eyes were wet, he tried to smile but winced in pain.

“What happened?” I asked putting my hands around his neck.

“nothing, I’ll tell you back at the hotel” he whispered getting back into the car, I ran around to the passengers side and sat down looking at him anxiously every few seconds, eventually we got to the hotel room and I led him over to the bed, he sat on the edge and I went to the bathroom to get a towel, he told me what happened while I tended to his cuts.

“I was leaving the studio at around 4 when I went to my car, a man, ahhhh, sorry that stung” he said as I dapped a wet flannel on his forehead, he continued “and a man came out and started beating me, I didn’t know why, I guessed that it was to do with the way that I looked, me and the band have been getting shit like this until he said, ‘keep your hands off her, she’s mine” he said looking up at me, I frowned and kissed him on the lips, he pulled away “you know him don’t you?” he asked quietly, I looked at the floor.

“Uh, yeah, well, I think, that the man who has been doing this is, umm, that boyfriend I told you about, I’m almost certain actually, I don’t know what he wants…” I said but he interrupted me.

“You, he wants you” he said almost angry, he stood up and paced around.

“Well” I began “you leave on Wednesday, so we cant really do anything, I’m going to just be careful, don’t worry I’m used to it”

“NO, IM NOT GOING TO LET YOU BE KILED BY SOME SICK BASTARD!”  He screamed at me, I frowned and curled up on the bed.

“I don’t know what else I could do” I said burring my face into my knee, I felt him lift me up and I was lain across his chest, I curled up against him, we lay there for ages, hours maybe, I didn’t want to move, and I couldn’t think of anything that we could do, I just breathed, drawing circles on his shoulder.

He suddenly moved, grabbing his phone, and motioning to me to stay quiet, he pulled out his phone, calling a number, he walked into the bathroom and I lay on the bed, lying on my front, my head in a pillow, after 10 minutes I groaned into the pillow, I heard a laugh from the corner of the room, my head jerked up, Andy was standing there looking at me, his head turned to the side, I ran my fingers through my hair, turning onto my back, I sighed at the ceiling, “life sucks, right?” I said, I expected to hear a response but instead he climbed onto the bed and straddled me, kissing me passionately, my head spun I reached my fingers into his hair, pulling him down towards me, he pulled back.

“hmm, I have a beautiful girl on my bed, and I think I’m in love with her, things have never been better, I don’t know about you but…” he said looking at me slightly nervous, I smiled and pulled his head down so I could speak into his ear.

“I love you!” I said, I was sure that this was a dream, bought on by fear of my ex but I continued anyway, kissing him until he collapsed down next to me, I curled into his stomach, breathing heavily, listening o his heart beat.

“oh, and you don’t have to worry about your stalker anymore, or your house, or anything!” he said a grin on his face, I looked up at him confused “well, I called our tour manager just now and, well, we’ve been needing a hairdresser for a while now, so, you’re coming on tour with us!” he said as if he was giving me a puppy or something.

“do I get a say in this?” I asked.

“Err, yeah I guess”

“ I dunno” I breathed “this is all so weird, I think, ughhh, why does this have to happen?” he looked upset, clearly me joining him on tour had been a nice thought, but it was really sudden, I’d only known him for 3 days and I was going to be living with him and 4 other boys on a bus? And what about my work, and Sam, and J, god, but did I really have a choice, I didn’t want anything to happen to me or anyone I knew because I was foolish enough to stay in New York, gees, this was unfair.

“What would happen if I didn’t go?” I asked.

“well, I don’t know, at the very least you’d be scared to go outside, you may get attacked and worse, if you leave your friends wont be in trouble, you wont be in danger, and” he whispered “we could stay together” he said “completely selfish I know, but your mine, if you want to be that it?” I smiled and kissed his lips, I decided to sleep on it and I went into the bathroom to change into some of Andy’s pyjamas, I smiled at the baggy trousers an skimpy vest, I brushed my hair and put it in a knot on my head and I walked out, lay in bed and let Andy’s arms snake around my waist, I stayed up all night thinking, I had decided to turn down Andy’s offer, I didn’t wake him I just closed my eyes and tried to sleep, honestly leaving would be so awkward right now, I was finally settling, I finally drifted of.