Head Over Heels: Forever In Your Arms (Preview)

Start from the beginning

"So do yours."

"No, they definitely don't." I thought about all the tweets. So many rumors about me dumping Justin or him dumping me, when we have been together this whole time.

"Do."

"Not."

"Do."

I didn't say anything, I just looked at him and rolled my eyes. We always had these little arguments.

Justin put his hand on my leg and quickly glanced at me.

"You are perfect to me!" He sang, but not in the usual way, he was trying to make me laugh.

"You're such a dork." We stopped at a red light and I kissed his cheek.

"But I'm your dork, right?"

"Yes, you're my dork."

"Good."

**********

I turned my head and saw Justin pull something out of his pocket and I looked back at him.

"What that?" I asked.

"Ok it's not an engagement ring, not yet anyway, so I guess it's like a promise ring, but Happy One Year."

He opened the box revealing a silver ring with a princess cut diamond. My mouth fell open and I looked back and forth between him and the box.

"Wow. Justin it's..." I trailed off.

"You like it?" He smiled.

"I love it! I can't believe you..."

"Well you like it, so can I put it on?"

I nodded.

"Of course."

He took the ring out of the box and slipped it on my finger.

"I love you." I told him and kissed him softly.

"I love you too."

"I have your present now." I opened my purse pulling out the envelope and handed it to him.

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Just open it!" And he did.

"We're going to Cancun?" He asked and smiled at me.

"Mhm. I remember us talking about it in Hawaii, and we've been so busy we haven't been able to go. I already talked to Scooter and he cleared a whole week before you leave for tour."

"You're amazing." He looked at the tickets and then hugged me.

"Thanks." He kissed my cheek.

"We're going to Cancun! Gosh I can't wait! When exactly?"

"2 weeks."

"Yes! I feel like we haven't really gotten to spend much time together since I've been working on the album, and then this tour. I'm sorry."

"Hey it's fine. I get it, I started writing for mine too, it's ok."

"It's hard to believe I leave next month for the tour. I don't want to leave you."

"I know." I sighed. I'd miss him. "I'll be ok."

"I'm going to call every night. You'll have to fly out a few times to see me too, and I'll fly back to see you, even if it's only for a few days."

"I will." I nodded and kissed his cheek.

"You ready to go home?" Justin asked.

"Mhm." I took his hand and he helped me out of the booth.

"Did I tell you how pretty you look tonight?" He whispered in my ear.

"Yes you did. In the car, and at dinner." He pushed open the door and let me out first.

"Well I'm gonna say it again. You look so pretty tonight."

The wind blew my hair back and I tucked it quickly behind my ear.

"Thank you." He kissed my forehead and opened my door for me and I slid in the car and he walked to the other side, getting in. The paparazzi were taking pictures a few feet from the restaurant. I cupped my hand over my eyes shielding my face, just enough so I could still see Justin.

"I'm sorry." His eyebrows came together and he put the car in drive, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Don't be, it's not your fault." I gave him a weak smile as he put his hand on my leg again.

I looked down at the ring on my finger, it was on my right hand, not my left. I saw Justin smiling at me and I looked back up at him.

"I really do love it. You pick it out yourself?" I asked.

"Yes I did and I'd say it looks like I've done a pretty good job."

"You did."

"So do you want to watch a movie when we go home or what? We can do whatever."

I thought for a minute, debating on that whatever.

"A movie is fine." I smiled at him and nodded. Maybe we'd get to it or something. Who am I kidding.

We had 5 minutes tops before we got back to his place. He lived right in town, I was about 15 minutes from him. I had my own apartment, even though I was practically over his place whenever he was here in LA anyway.

"You're sure, because we can go to the pier or something if you want? We don't have to go back to my place... or we can. It doesn't matter."

"No. I want to go back to your place. It's fine really."

"Ok, as long as you want too."

"I do!" And I did, more than anything. I'm surprised he hadn't taken the hint by now.

I put my hand over top of his and weaved my fingers through.

"I love you." He told me and brought my hand up to his lips kissing it.

"I love you too." I felt my stomach flip and my cheeks flush red.