The Promise (1)

Hope you enjoy this journey

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Rydan grit his teeth, frustrated and upset at the same time, but the tears that stream down both her cheeks couldn't be stopped. Her eyes stay firm to the ground while her trembling arm hugs herself, away from him. He can't have that.

So he closed the distance between the two, put his finger to her chin, raised her head to allow her to look into his eyes, filled with determination and hope that startled her. They are both exhausted and angry, but he can't have her crying like this, keeping her eyes away from him, trembling and shivering.

"Only you", he said.

He takes a step closer to her, his arm quickly wraps around her waist, pulling her close to him. He looks into her eyes, thirst and desperation fill his dark orbs, while tears trickle down her face.

Rydan closed the distance between their faces, he kissed her trembling lips, slow and smooth, tasting the bitter tears that have fallen down.

It was a kiss to comfort the other, it was filled with hope and a sincere wish for the two of them. Rydan hopes to convey those feelings to her, so she will understand everything and never has that thought once again.

She hesitates at first but then kisses him back, relieved and afraid at that time, truly wants to believe, the only thing she wants to do, to trust the person in front of her, hoping she could have this sweet exchange of love forever.

He pulled back, witnessing the unsure expression forming on her face, eyes looking up into his own. Rydan holds her waist, keeping her within his arm, within his hold, afraid of ever letting go.

"I promise"

But how is she going to believe that?

When a promise between a true mate can be broken.

For sure, this promise can't be kept forever.

But feeling the bliss of the moment, she nods her head and kisses his lips.

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

Five days ago

It was raining outside and it's been three days since the last time Elleryn opened the book. The book is not exactly a book, it's a diary Lady Byrl wrote using magic, sealing it with her alter spirit, as well as a dragon-spell.

Elleryn now knows the reason why she protects it with layers of the spell, risking her own life into uttering the spell, she is sure that one of the reasons why Lady Byrl had passed away so quickly was because of that book. It is revealed that King Arax and Lady Byrl are true mates, perhaps Pair Blood even, judging by the way King Arax was able to stand in front of her that day, shielding her from the danger, only for him to be cut deep with the spell.

That spell is meant to drain fairy abilities, it will cause a straight line of cut if it is sent towards other creatures.

Elleryn has been wondering since then, what she should do with this piece of information. Should she confront the King and ask him for an explanation? Or perhaps inform Rydan about it and ask his opinion?

And then what? What could she gain from this?

Not much.

And it irritates her so much because the thing that she wants to unravel isn't revealing anything.