The Book (1)

Hi! How are you my dear readers!

Hope you enjoy this chapter as well

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

I will be happy if you do! 😊😊

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"Xalen?" Elleryn asked with eyes widened in disbelief, her bright smile made Ladon crack one as well, "he's been here since the Wedding Night, I believe he is outside," he informed. Elleryn turns her head and faces Ezana who has fallen asleep, her calm breath is heard throughout the room.

"There are five people in this room, we all can take care of her Elleryn", Ladon said this time, shaking his head. Elleryn takes a deep breath to convince herself, before she stands up from the bed and looks at her sister once again.

"I'll be back," she whispered, rushing her step to get out of the room, wanting to meet her best friend that she considers more as a family, her eyes searching the hallway only to find it empty of any presence whatsoever, she takes a step to her right hoping to find him.

He stands there, looking at the garden in front of him, standing with both his hands behind his back, eyes seem to focus on something. Elleryn quickens her step, not aware the Crown Prince is near, witnessing everything by mere coincidence.

"Xalen!" she shouted his name, running to him. The said person turns around and smiles towards his dearest, he opens his arm, wanting her in his embrace.

And Elleryn hugs him hard, without a single hesitation, squeezing him.

Rydan never saw this before, witnessing Elleryn with such content and having this type of expression on her face, free of everything. As if she isn't thrown the responsibility for having abilities and it hurt to know that she could be this happy for someone else.

Rydan clenches his fist, about to approach the two of them and whisk her from his embrace. But her voice shattered his mind, her whisper broke his heart.

"I miss you," she said.

The person who held her stroke her hair, like it's a natural thing for him to do and it brings a knife straight to Rydan's heart.

"Me too," he said.

Rydan was having enough of all this, he can't see this anymore. The girl he chooses to stand with is inside someone else's arms at this very minute. If he stays longer than this, his wolf would demand things that he would regret.

Kill that vermin, who even dares to hug her, but he chooses to shut his wolf.

Because Elleryn would hate him for it.

Until she said something that shocked Rydan.

"Have you seen the Crown Prince yet? I really want to introduce you two," Elleryn pulled out of Xalen's grasp, but he only tightens his hold around her waist, which irks Rydan further.

"I saw you lifted by him that night you passed out," he said, eyes staring into Elleryn's orbs, the beautiful pair of eyes he used to admire.

"Did you?"

Xalen nods, "he is a Suttern, and you are a Qye, shouldn't you take a little more distance from him?" Xalen voices out his mind, wanting her to agree to what he just said so then he can relax more. Because he wants to have the last triumph smile and show it his way, to the Crown Prince who stands not too far away from them.