The Contact (1)

Here is the next chapter, to everyone who takes the time to read, thank you so much.

 • • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"Thank You," Elleryn muttered. Then suddenly she coughs and coughs, and keeps coughing. Leor and Avra look at her with concern. Her sister and brothers looked at her with obvious worry on their face.

At that time, Yoani decided to make her presence known.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty. I can't find His Royal Highness Rydan and Lord Zandic inside the forest," Yoani looks around, her eyes tremble in fear but there's hidden determination plastered on her bearings, she takes a deep breath as her head thoroughly reminds her that she will regret her decision later.

"Forgive me for my impudence, I think Daughter of Qye needs a medicine, Qeeup perhaps?" her voice shakes a little, but words keep flowing through her lips, "the drink Lady Byrl used to take around winter, perhaps Daughter of Qye would like to follow me to the glasshouse behind the castle and pick out the ingredients, I would gladly prepare hot water for her to mix the herbs with, if you would allowed me," Yoani offered, eyes glancing between Elleryn and the King of Suttern.

Not just rude, it is out of her line to suggest helping Qye. However, Elleryn needs those herbs. In the Land of Qye, Elleryn doesn't need the herbs, because witches cast a spell around the land, that way snow never hit Qye. Now it's different, Elleryn needs the herbs badly.

Arax was about to shout at Yoani for having the audacity to offer help to Elleryn, how dare she is?

But Edra is the first to say something.

"Take her. She seems to need the herbs, I'm sure I can arrange the date with The Queen of Qye. Besides, the Crown Prince is not present as well, so it'll be alright," Edra reasoned out. Her eyes shifted to Elleryn and a smile stretched on her lips, "I think you need those herbs, my dear," Edra instructed, gesturing to Elleryn to follow Yoani.

Elleryn nods, stands and slowly walks towards Yoani. Elleryn takes her hands and leaves the hall, leaving the hell hole behind, and shutting the door.

"Thank You," whispered Elleryn, smiling at Yoani. Yoani smiles back, showing her hidden dimple, she helps Elleryn with her step towards the back of the castle, the place where the glasshouse is filled with herbs and flowers.

Yoani is a twenty-five years redhead that had served Lady Byrl for 10 years before she passed away last month, she knows everything that comes down to a Daughter of Qye. In this case, she used to know everything about Lady Byrl. However, from now on her duty and loyalty would be for the girl beside her. The eighteen-years-old girl will reside at the same tower as Lady Byrl.

Yoani knows this girl's life would not get any better than this. Trapped inside the tower and only permitted to come out when she needs to gather energy or whenever she needs to protect the Kingdom. She had seen the days where Lady Byrl kept herself caged inside the tower, looking out to the forest from her windows, whenever Yoani approached her, Lady Byrl would always turn around and smile towards her.

Yoani realized there is no meaning in that smile, because Lady Byrl's heart was crying inside.

Elleryn coughs and catches Yoani from whatever daydreaming she just had, she quickly turns towards Elleryn, guiding her step.

"It is late, but welcome to Suttern, Your Highness. I will be in charge of serving you, the next daughter of Qye, and I will make sure to attend to everything you need," Yoani smiles. Elleryn smiles back at her.