The Strength (1)

Enjoy :) ;)

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

"Where are you going?" Rydan asked his little sister.

As far as he knows, Deair's bedroom wasn't through this hallway or turned left to the garden, or pass the library. Sure enough, she is up to something or headed somewhere else, the same place Rydan headed as well.

Deair turns around, her eyes turned into the golden slit as she crosses both her arms in front of her chest. She took a slow step circling Rydan, scanning him from head to toe, while shaking her head a few times. Deair let out questioning hum and a few sighs before she decided to stop in front of her beloved big brother and glared at him.

"What are you doing?" Rydan asked, this time a little bit annoyed.

"You are headed to East Tower, huh?"

That was not a question. Obviously, it's a little girl teasing his big brother for licking a sweets that he shouldn't even look at. Furthermore, Deair loves this expression of Rydan so much. She would definitely not forget this time of day, month or year. For sure, she will tease Rydan in the future just to annoy him.

Rydan takes a step back, trying to regain the last bit of composure he could gather, he takes a deep breath and crosses both of his muscular arms in front of his chest. He tried to look high and powerful in front of his little sister, trying to convince Deair with every drop of sweat that he is not headed for East Tower, he failed miserably.

"I'm going to the forest"

That is a pitiful way to get out of Deair's sharp way of thinking. He might as well tell her that he was lost in the Palace. But no! Rydan chooses to humiliate himself even more by telling her a lie and Deair chooses to play this little game that her big brother initiated.

"Oh really?" Deair smirked, her thin lips lifted with mischief and mock. She knows the palace well, just like her big brother. The path Deair had taken is too far from the forest, this path is straight headed towards the East Tower. If Rydan was telling the truth, he should have turned right instead of following her step this far from his destination. Rydan is lying through his teeth.

"You know, this..." Deair pointed the road around her "is not the way to the forest. Instead, I know for sure a way to East Tower, where Elleryn is residing at the moment, right?" Deair smiles. Her eyes blinking innocently at her brother, and he starts to squirm in front of her.

"What? Of course! Of course, I know... I was just... just" Rydan's dark eyes look around, trying to find an escape. Something to let him get away from his little sister, but nothing he could found. He decides to look at Deair with a glare, trying to scare her.

"That is not your problem. I was the first to ask where you headed, and you should answer me instead of throwing me a bunch of silly questions," Rydan was frustrated. He never thinks that apologizing to that girl would be this hard, he did not want to make a mistake ever again.

Deair shakes her head in disbelief, "I didn't 'throw a bunch of questions. I only ask you why you follow me and I just assume that perhaps you headed the same way as I do. But knowing yourself, you're too selfless to even acknowledge that you are going to see Elleryn," Deair turnaround and start to walk towards East Tower.

Rydan grunt before his light step could be heard through the hallway, following his little sister quietly.

"Why did you," he was a little bit hesitant to ask, "How did you become close to her anyway?" Rydan manages to ask. After standing beside Deair, her annoyed expression turns calm and a smile begins to creep up her face, making it known to the world that the question makes her happy. It makes Rydan a little bit surprised.