The Wish (2)

Growing up, Ahron never realizes he doesn't have the privilege his brother happens to have, the fact being a twin used to be a shameful thing, or perhaps the different treatment that he received from his mother.

He comes to realize all the little things one by one, the murmurings of the servant, the talk of the other Royal Family, the glance that other Princes and Princesses from another Kingdom used to send his way.

He only then knows that his mother never treats him the same as Rydan.

That's the twins, the one of them who is not desired!

They are useless!

We have to pray for the Crown Prince's health and long life!

Or else this Kingdom will fall to the ground!

Blood will tarnish the Royal Family!

War will be the only way!

Sin will be our salvation, there will be a disaster!

The servant used to whisper from a good distance, he could hear them loud and clear, considering the Royal blood that runs through Ahron, his senses are much better than the average werewolf.

At first, he keeps trying to ignore it.

He tries but he can't, that day was the last one.

"It's for you, isn't it pretty?" the 10-year old Ahron said, to the girl in front of him.

She looks up and meets Ahron's dark blue orbs, before gazing at peonies in his hand, and shove towards the eight years old.

She shakes her head no, refusing the prince.

"My mom said to stay away from you," the girl with green eyes said, looking away.

Ahron looks down, but then he moves towards her, closer than before.

"Why?" he asks, softly.

She looks at him through her lashes, biting her red lips.

"Mom said, twins only bring misfortune," she whispers, not really aware that she was shattering Ahron's heart into pieces.

She walks away, heading inside the castle, towards the Crown Prince's birthday ceremonial, leaving Ahron in the garden alone.

Stunned and hurt.

He kept asking inside his mind, what exactly is wrong with having a twin, what makes him different from Rydan, what is she talking about?

The answer was simple.

Fear.

The citizen was scared.

Because, if in the future the Crown Prince dies suddenly, Ahron and Aevin will have to face each other until the other one dies on the other's hand.

Blood will be smeared.

War will be the only way.

Sin will be the citizens' only salvation.

In other words, it's chaos.

That is why, Rydan was being praised and cared for by many, the servant, the gardener, the guards, the general, the cooks.

The Queen.

Everyone.

When he realized all of that, he knew his and Aevin mere existence was feared by many. He begins to be a laughingstock, teasing and laughing loudly, forcing Aevin who doesn't understand anything to follow. He wants to bury everything by teasing everyone he meets.