The Wish (1)

Enjoy!

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

The dining room consists of a long rectangle shaped oak table that is perfectly situated in the middle of the room. A crystal blue chandelier hanging above the table, emanating luxurious air surrounding the room, on each corner of the room placed a big brown vase full of flowers that had given a little bit of color to the dull room. Windows on one side are closed tightly, preventing morning chills from coming inside. On the left corner of the room, a fireplace gives off the warmth that is needed.

But still, chills surrounded the room.

Arax's cold stares toward the girl may be the cause of it.

Or perhaps Elleryn piercing orbs could be the main reason behind it.

In any case, no one would want to be trapped inside the room with both of them.

Arax never encountered or heard of this had happened before.

A Qye 'threatened' the King?

One agreement of the deal whereas a Qye residing within Suttern was obligated to follow every word of the King, but the little girl in front of him had decided to tarnish that deal between Qye and Suttern. Furthermore, he was more surprised, when the girl took a step forward, looked down and knelt in front of him, showing her neck.

It's foolish to think a lion could kneel down in front of a hyena. Not only it's impossible, the idea would make most people laugh and would choose to not believe it, but Elleryn did anyway.

Lowering her head with a tight grip of her hand on her lap, she is desperate and doing this in front of the King isn't difficult for her. If somehow that can assure the safety of her family, she would gladly do it a hundred times.

But Arax laughs, he can't trust his own eyes.

A Qye? Kneeling down?

"What is it you want?" Arax asked, standing and walking towards her, but didn't tell her to stand. He wants to see this bizarre scene for a while longer, seeing his own weakness kneeling in front of him, without him having to threaten her or force her to do it. A rush of satisfaction flowed within his nerves, as a trace of a smile about to stretch, but he holds it in.

Elleryn grits her teeth, hoping to keep this position a while longer. Kneeling down is a disgrace for the Land of Qye, a stab towards Qye's people. Everyone would laugh and shake their head in front of her face if they stumble upon this situation, but only Arax and Elleryn inside the room at the moment, and Elleryn trusts the King.

A King would never blatantly disgrace this close-off meeting, right?

"Please," her voice shook.

Not only the lion has decided to kneel down, but it also manages to shake in despair for help, as if the cunning hyena has the ability to protect the lion from whatever out there is trying to hurt it. At first, Arax enjoys the tiny show he happens to witness, but within a second he could feel that she is standing on the edge of a sharp hill, about to jump and drown by the harsh current.

Arax notices that the girl is lacking some sleep by her pale skin, which somehow looks paler than usual, the glowing eyes that just now threatened him had now looked out of energy, her breath is uneven and her fingers are shaking, he saw this before, on Byrl. Before she could say anything, he knows what had made her so brave to barge in and be rude towards him.

It's a vision, It must be about her family.

"Increase the guard on the wedding night and please..." her lips trembles, "limit the people that could come into the kingdom," she whispered with her head lower, showing her neck in submission towards the King, a gesture that all his people would do in front of him, but not a Qye. As a creature that had more power than the werewolf, the Qye had a privilege to never show its neck in front of the King, the submission was never allowed for a Qye.