The Night (1)

Thank You once again, for spending your time here. Enjoy!

• • ⊱∘────·❅·────∘⊰ • •

The dress lightly fitted through the bodice and flare out at the waist in a triangular fashion, sheer fabrics drape gracefully off the shoulder, light pearl white with beadings around the waist and flow to its edge, Yoani caress the flowy sheer fabrics attached from Elleryn shoulder blade flowing gracefully and reach ground, the floor length dress surely will remain as the most beautiful creation of Fyure for centuries.

The stars shine in the night sky, but the dark cloud that covered Elleryn's heart couldn't be washed away, even by the beautiful dress that she happens to wear. Her face just shows it all, she is worried.

Yoani recognized it, but she can't ask a thing, afraid that Elleryn would only turn more sullen and worried. Yoani knows it's something to do with the impending Wedding night that will come by within minutes.

Yoani knows, but she could only silence herself.

Elleryn takes a deep breath, she raises her head and stands from the couch, determination filled her eyes, the thing Elleryn would need in this castle from now on.

The Ceremony Hall will be filled with Royal Family both from Qye's and Suttern's, citizens of the two kingdoms, as well as a few important figures from different countries that will witness the wedding and announce it to their countries. Symbols that both countries are united and others should be wary of them, igniting fear upon someone else was a way to put them in their place.

That's what Suttern has believed all along and will always pass on until the next generation.

Elleryn's step was slow but was loud through the hallway, no one could be seen, because everyone would be buzzing inside the Ceremony Hall.

Elleryn stops in the middle of the hallway, raising her face and looking at the sky. She whispers her wish towards the sky, hoping once again, no one will get hurt before she takes her next step.

***

Xalen walks through the street, the crowds were full of laughter and shouts of happiness, celebrating another union of the two powerful families. Xalen is the only one who does not celebrate though. He was furious, not towards her, but to himself. How could he let her leave Qye just like that, not even prevent her from getting inside the carriage that time, now he must witness everything that he wants to tear apart.

The marriage.

Things have been hard for Xalen, the time when he had to run away from this place, bruised and scarred by his own people to be discovered and welcomed by his enemy. He had lived throughout those years believing that his life will be devoted to Qye's only, training himself and keeping his health intact to protect the Qye's. But he can't keep the dearest to himself, he can't protect her from cruel decisions that had bestowed upon her life before she was even born.

He can't free her.

And he feels like a failure.

That's why the minute Elleryn must leave Qye, he asked the King to assign him outside Qye, overseeing the borders, far away and be distracted from this very celebration of confinement for Elleryn's life.

But he is here now.

He can't after all, staying away from the girl that had helped keep him alive all these years. Giving him reasons to live, and trying to see the good even from their own enemy, the Royal Family Xalen believes Elleryn loathed as well.