The Strength (2)

It is no secret. Daughter of Qye has numerous abilities and power, but each power has its consequences when let out and being used, one downside of being the powerful creature in the world is happening to be the weakest at a certain time, for them it's winter.

Sometimes Qeeup or other herbs isn't enough to gather all the possible strength that would be needed. They have to get their strength and energy from living creatures, calling another creature wouldn't be a problem for them, but calling upon other creatures would consume power to do it properly. Therefore, instead of calling them, Elleryn has decided to come for them instead.

But how surprising it is, to find her future husband standing in front of her bedroom door.

Elleryn chooses to ignore him, and walks away from, leaving him behind. Flustered, Rydan follows her light steps, wondering at the same time where she is headed. From time to time, Elleryn would stop, her breath would turn uneven and Rydan would then contemplate whether to help her or not, when he was about to reach her, she would straighten and continue her step.

Rydan's hand still floated in the air, lingering on for a while before falling downward.

"Where are you going?" Rydan asked, still behind her.

Elleryn chooses to ignore him, she was hoping that he wouldn't follow her. She doesn't want him to see her weak state, but each step Elleryn takes, Rydan would follow closely. Strangely, it soothes her at the same time. The fact that someone was beside her, though behind her would be the best term to put it. For the first time, she feels someone has decided to watch over her.

And... protect her?

For Elleryn, it's a strange term to come up with. She had always been the one to protect others and had been taught her future priority was Suttern, her life and death would also be for Suttern. However, for once she feels a tiny weight of burden had been lifted. The great expectation from her power seems meaningless somehow, at this moment.

When Elleryn takes a right turn towards the forest, Rydan seems to put pieces together inside his mind. Quicken his step, he walks and stops in front of Elleryn, startling her a bit. She looks up at him with a raised eyebrow, questioning his action.

"You will go to the forest" His eyes widen with concern.

"It's dangerous!" Rydan continued.

It was surprising for both Elleryn and Rydan. For once, Rydan could easily show concern regarding her, even uttering such words that filled with worry. Not to mention the words are directed towards her, the Daughter of Qye. The one Rydan supposedly hates from now on and for the rest of his life.

But his words are true. Part of the forest near the Kingdom of Suttern is a neutral zone, where any living mythical creatures could roam free and commit crimes without being tied by the rules of the kingdom. For a werewolf, especially a royal werewolf like Rydan, it isn't a big deal to encountering those criminals. It's part of his Royal duty to catch them and make them submit to him.

For Daughter of Qye, roaming free inside the forest, while winter outside isn't a good idea. Surely those barbarians would happily take her into a hostage and demand the kingdom itself to be given up in exchange for her life.

"And what makes you think I couldn't protect myself?" Elleryn said.

Her head tilts to the side, looking confused for a second as a soft chuckle comes out of her mouth, surprising Rydan at that time. The sounds like a song in Rydan's ear, but he immediately diminishes that thought. While she shakes her head and begins to walk past Rydan.

Yes, what makes Rydan think the Daughter of Qye couldn't protect herself.

She is the most powerful one in this world, more than him.