Chapter 20

Kylies POV

Kim began to move softly against my shoulder, waking me up from my light slumber. I peeled open my eyes and blinked a few times to clear my vision, rubbing them before looking around. Harry was sprawled out on the couch across from us that was clearly way too small for him, his long legs spilling over the armrest.

I gently slide out of Kim's arms and placed Kim off my side to rise off of the small patient bed. Jake would be here soon to take my place while I showered at home and caught up on some work. It's been hard for me to leave her side but the doctors said she would be able to go home soon if she continues to get better. Thank god.

I stretched my stiff muscles and searched through my bag for my tooth brush and scrunchy and then headed into the hall towards the bathroom. Lucky for me, the bathroom was open and clean. I freshened myself up so I could go wake up harry without looking like I died and came back from the dead with garbage breath.

Picking up my long locks and tieing them back I walked into Kim's green room. It was still dead silent as I kneeled next to harry who was lightly whistling, taking deep breathes. He better not make any noise or he will wake Kim up. She's finally got more than four hours of sleep last night, the medicine making her too sick to eat and unable to sleep.

I gently put my hand over his plump mouth and my other hand over his chest and shook him very softly not sure if I would be able to wake him up if I didn't shake harder. He opened his eyes surprised and twisted my arm away forcing me to turn to face Kim's bed as I held in a gasp. My arm moved easily but my wrist burned where he held it like iron.

He let go almost instantly and shook his head trying to clear his vision "Kylie? What the hell? You scared me"

"Shh" I said looking at Kim and rubbed my wrist, where harry grabbed me, with a frown. "Did I hurt you?" he said reaching for me, I pulled away from his touch and scooted back on my butt. "I'm sorry Kylie, but you can't wake me up like that. I thought... You scared me" Harry said standing up from the couch and held his hands out for me.

I stood without his help and looked down at my wrist. It was red and blotchy from the burn his skin left me, stinging lightly. I looked to Kim again to find her still silently sleeping, "I know, I just didn't want you to wake Kim up, she hasn't been sleeping. You know that" I whispered looking back at harry touching my wrist again, keeping his eye contact when he looked down at my wrist I was trying to cover.

"I hurt you" he stated slowly, not asking but stating, as if he felt the sting, his face going blank. He did, but I wasn't going to tell him that. It was an accident; I mean, I would probably do the same thing without thinking. It was my fault for even waking him up like that, I mean come on?

I nearly gave the guy a heart attack, making him think I'm some kind of murder. And harry wouldn't have gotten mad at me, so why should I get mad? "No, I just bruise easily. It's nothing" I said with a small smile.

He grabbed my wrist and pulled it towards his face to see my red skin with faint red dots of blood ready to bruise. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back with a pained expression "Harry I'm fine, it's nothing." Harry pulled me in for a hug and I cuddled into his warm chest and rested my head on the tip of his shoulder.

He was silent for a moment just holding me tightly when he released a long breath "You know a simple 'Harry wake up' would have done it" "shut up" I said trying to push him off laughing lightly hoping he wouldn't let me go, which he did, tightening his grip around me as I felt his chest vibrate from laughter.

"Hey" Jake said coming in knocking lightly, cringing at the noise in the silence. "Oh harry did you bring your car?" harry let me go to turn to my brother "Yeah" he reached between us padding his pocket. I don't know how he could sleep with his phone, keys, and wallet on him; I can't even sleep with socks on.