Chapter 37: The Scent of Desire

When we arrived, I sniffed myself and then turned away in disgust. Man do I smell rank. I heard Matt chuckling behind me. I must have made a hilarious face when I smelled myself. I turned to him and nodded.

"That's my scent alright. Go ahead and use the wind spell". Matt composed himself and used the wind spell while smirking at me oddly. I cocked my eyebrow at him before the wind hit me. It nearly swept me off my feet before I lunged forward and latched myself onto the ground with my claws. When the wind stopped, I stood up and shook myself before addressing the still smirking Matt.

"You did that on purpose, didn't you?" I asked rhetorically. He walked over to me and whispered in my ear something that made me glad I had pants on.

"Of course I did. How else was I supposed to get a nice whiff of your musk while also getting the job done, you handsome man wolf", Matt growled sexually in my ear. I blushed and glanced around quickly before smashing my lips against his in a long and sloppy kiss. When I pulled away, Matt was staring at me in a daze. I looked around before pulling him onto my back and carrying him over to the north edge of town. Matt shook himself out of his daze.

"Where are we going, and why are you carrying me? I can walk you know", he said sternly. I snorted before replying.

"You were in such a daze after the kiss that I need to carry you to the north end of the kingdom. Your legs are probably still weak from that. Plus, it gives you time to inhale my scent for as much as you want before the next gust of wind from you", I stated, winking at him. He flushed and buried his face into the side of my neck. I chuckled as I continued towards the north end of the kingdom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for the extremely late update. I've been having writer's block on how to finish out this series. I will be updating whenever breaks from the writer's block appear. There should be only a couple of chapters left before the entire series is done. Anyway, thank you for reading!