Chapter 1: Without a Trace

"Guess I was a smart wolf after all", I commented as I got up before walking over to the prisoners and free the bonds around their wrist, legs, and mouths. As they were shaking off the bonds, I retrieved their weapons and returned them to the rightful owners. The three of them stared at me for a bit before I broke the silence. "Head south until you see a path. Do not go onto the path. Stay five meters away from it and follow it east for six kilometers. There will be a house at the edge of town. Do not approach until I arrive. Afterwards just follow my lead". They nodded and started out.

When they were out of sight, I doubled over. The silver singed my skin. I ripped off the remainder of my tunic and tied it around the wound before breaking off an oak branch and followed after them, clearing all traces of our existence from the camp.

When I arrived at the path, I turned east to see that they just started to follow the path five meters in. I caught up to the apprentice and grabbed his shoulder lightly. He squealed and fell over, pulling me down with him. The other two prisoners turned, and raced back to help us up.

"Thank you. You, warrior girl, get the oak branch and get rid of our tracks. You, crossbow girl, out in front and let us know when we arrive at the edge of town. You, magician, help me get there", I winced as I was being picked up; gripping my right side with little bits of the tunic I had over the wound. The warrior and the crossbow girl did as they were told as the apprentice and I hobbled after the crossbow girl.

After what seems to be an eternity, the crossbow girl stopped and ducked behind some brushes. The magician followed suit and helped me down until the warrior caught up. I activated my stealth magic and reached pass the brushes. The orange stealth barrier blinked and the door to the back of the house opened up. A short man with brown hair, green eyes, and a short beard came out in robes and a cloak. He looked around the house before waving us in. The prisoners and I quickly entered the house before he closed the door behind us. We looked around the room. There was a large arm chair and a small table to the left of the arm chair near the fireplace containing a cauldron on the right, a large table and six chairs around it to the left, two cabinets, one on either side of the fireplace, and a hallway to the left. There was also a kitchen near the front of the house. The magician turned a chair from the end table and seated me down into it as the short man went to get materials to patch me up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I wonder who all of them are. Hmmmm can you figure it out? Chapter 1 is out! Enjoy :D