Chapter 20: He Left

Matt's PoV:

I was so lost in thought with my head in my knees that I did not feel the parchment leave my hands until I heard a gasp to my right. I looked up to see Noah reading the parchment with Wes and Isabelle looking confused.

I got up and pulled my cloak over my shoulders. "Come on. We need to head over to Lord Ant- I mean Anthony's castle. Bring the parchment Noah. You are coming, too, Wes. Isabelle, please make it back to your house safely", I instructed. They all nodded and quickly followed me out the door after grabbing their cloaks.

I saw Joshua and Olivia about to come up to my steps to fetch me. I looked them in the eye, my eyes telling them everything they need to know. They quickly got off the steps and waited for me and Noah to join them. We quickly went to Anthony's castle by the river.

When we arrived at the gate, the guard stopped us. "Your names?" he asked. I huffed. I do not have time for this.

"I am Matt Sohinki with Joshua Ovenshire, Noah Grossman, Wesley Johnson, and Olivia Sui. Lord Anthony wish to see us for a meeting", I said quickly. I tapped my foot impatiently as the guard checked his list of guest.

I was about to say something when Wes cuts in and said, "I am Sir Wesley Johnson reporting for duty. These are my guest that I am bringing in. Give them access now". The guard was taken aback and then let us in. I rushed in with Wes in front and the other three trailing closely behind. The guard escorted us to the room we were to meet with Anthony and the rest.

We followed the guard to a room with large white doors. When he opens the doors, a white hall with one very long table with ornate chairs surrounding it appeared in our vision. There were many large windows lining one of the walls of the room. I turned to the head of the table to see Anthony in his throne chair. He was about to greet us when I walked up to him and handed him the piece of parchment.

"I found this earlier. He left. HE LEFT!" I shouted at Anthony. He read over the parchment, his face dropping. He looked at me and then to Joshua, Noah, and Olivia.

"He seems to have a lot of trust in you all. Did you guys know that he was a werewolf?" Anthony asked. Olivia and Noah nodded, both explaining how they saw him transform to kill their captors in the forest. They also mentioned Courtney's side of the story, her experience with werewolves, and her reaction to the news that Peter was a werewolf. Anthony nodded and looked over at Joshua.

"I found out because I was over at Matt's to talk to his brother. Peter shifted to get approval from Matt's brother to see if he was allowed to stay with Matt. He forgot I was there until I coughed but I kept it a secret for his sake since he has not done anything wrong", Joshua said. Anthony nodded and was about to turn his attention to Wes when the doors open again to let in Ian, David, Mari, Amra, Courtney, Shayne, and Keith. Wes was standing awkwardly between us and the group that came in.