Chapter 13: A New Mission

It was midday and I was four houses down when the kingdom's bard, Keith Leaks Jr., and the kingdom's cleric, Shayne Topp stopped me. Shayne had dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. His short stature is made up with his very muscular body. Keith, on the other hand, was dark-skinned, bald, and had brown eyes. Though tall, he is quite small in build.

"We need your help, Peter", Shayne stated. I did not want to be impolite and decline their request so I invited them over to Matt's to discuss what they need help with in private.

When we arrived, we entered through the front so I can deliver the supplies, notes, and gifts to Matt. As I opened the door to come in, I was immediately greeted by Matt.

"Hello and welco- Oh, Peter! You brought the stuff", Matt said before I placed the bag and letter from Joshua on the table and before Shayne and Keith came in. "What is this? Also, hello boys! What can I do for you today?"

"We need help. Can we talk somewhere private please?" Shayne asked. Matt nodded and opened the door to the kitchen. I placed the rabbit, duck, and chicken on the kitchen cutting board and headed into the living area. Noah was in the arm chair reading when we entered. He stood up and greeted us. Keith was about to protest about the room not being private when I cut him off.

"This is Noah. I, uh, helped him through the forest when I found him wandering alone last night. Matt and I let him stay here until he can find where he needs to go", I lied. Noah looked at me oddly before I responded, "Noah, do you mind giving us some privacy please?" He nodded and left the room, still confused.

Shayne, Keith, and I sat down around the table when Matt walked in. Shayne waved Matt over to sit down. When everyone was situated, Keith burst out what they need.

"Sir Wesley Johnson is missing for four days and we need to find him", Keith said loudly. I raised an eyebrow. Sure, Sir Wesley has attention problems but he is the bravest cavalier in Sir David's ranks. For a knight to go missing is extremely rare.

"Sir David is worried. When Sir David went to Sir Wesley's house a day ago, the house looked like there was a struggle. He asked me and Keith to go find people to help find Sir Wesley without causing a stir among the common people. So we came to you", Shayne clarified. I nodded but was still confused.

"Then why come to me and Matt? Why not ask Mari, the kingdom's tracker?" I asked. Keith and Shayne looked sheepishly under the table at their hands.

"Because we were supposed to ask Mari yesterday, but we forgot until just an hour ago and she had already left to go hunting. Her husband directed us to you and Matt", Keith admitted. I sighed and shook my head as Matt puts his face into his palm and groaned.

"Okay, I will help on one condition; that you two listen to every word and instruction that I give. Understood?" I asked. They both nodded quickly. I turned to Matt.

"Amra will be here in a few minutes so stay here and entertain him. Bring Noah out to meet him. Maybe Noah can learn a few things from Amra", I instructed. Matt sighed and nodded.

"Please be safe, okay?" Matt asked. I nodded and went to retrieve my daggers and throwing knives. When I returned, Keith and Shayne were standing by the back door, ready to go.

"Alright, take me to Sir Wesley's house", I instructed. They nodded and we left Matt's house through the back. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: For some reason, I got the idea that Shayne and Keith's role should be these two. I don't know why but it feels like it works so yay? I don't know. Anyway, please let me know if there is anything I should do to be better!