Christmas Vacation Part 3(of3) (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"It's from us," Mark's parents called out.

It took me a moment to decide to open the box. I didn't want to, but I also did not want to be rude either so I pulled on the bows; inside is a gift card to a book store. "Thanks," I stated to them as I pulled it out and showed everyone.

More presents were passed around. I was given a book about kids from Adam and Michelle. Brittany had bought me a pretty shirt. Then Logan gave me a present. I was not even thinking that he would give me such a thing. The present was in a jewelry box.

I flipped it open and nearly peed my pants. This necklace looked exactly like the one in the Titanic movie. It was a ruby heart surrounded by diamonds. "Is this real?" I know that's rude, but it just came out.

"Yes," Logan answered.

I felt tears forming in my eyes. I showed the others what he had purchased. I shut the box back and held it to my chest.

"Wow, Logan." Brittany remarked.

"Gorgeous," Michelle stated as she winked at Adam.

He shot Logan a look. "Thanks, man." He replied, sarcastically.

Vanessa was staring open mouthed at Logan. She did not know about his gift. "Yeah, thanks." She told him.

Logan only spoke directly to me. "You're to be the mother of my children. I know that life threw you a curve ball with this pregnancy. It can't be easy being pregnant with two and I doubt labor will be easy either. It is just a thank you."

"You're welcome", I said softly. We shared a look that had me forgetting there were other people in the room with us until Mark coughed.

I turned to him. "My present for you now."

I blushed. "More after this," I still held the box tightly.

"Yes and you'll like my present best."

"Okay."

Mark stood up and went over to a table and retrieved a laptop before he came back over to the sofa with me. "The other night at dinner had me thinking. So, I got your information and I searched for your mother."

I narrowed my eyes, suddenly feeling very angry.

"Listen, before you speak. I had an investigator track down your birth certificate and get her name." Mark fired up his laptop. "We got her name and he took the liberty of tracking her down on social media."

"Mark, no-"

He cut me off. "Yes, you need to see this."

I shook my head as he clicked on the internet on the laptop. "I don't. She abandoned me to a man who beat me."

Mark ignored me and he began to read  a poem:

Silent Cries

Yesterday

I held you in my arms to keep you warm and safe, in my embrace

Today

All I have left is a fragmented memory

Yesterday

You were a dream shining in the suns rays

Today

Every dream is shattered by our nightmare

Yesterday

I imagined your first birthday

Today