"Have you gotten everything from home?"

"Honestly, if I didn't I could easily go to the most expensive of stores in Tokyo and still have enough money to buy three mansions, four limousines, and six Caucasian Shepherds. Mother, we're a rich family, I'll be fine!"

She huffed and crossed her arms—family trait apparently—giving me a 'do you really have to boast about our wealth?' look. I rolled my eyes and I gave her a mock nod, which showed that I completely understood, "yes. Yes I do, mother."

"Remind me again why I gave birth to you?" she laughed, though it was mostly to herself. How mature of her. I silently scoffed and pretend to be hurt.

I placed a hand to my chest and said in the most awful of British accents—something I loved to do seeing how I had some Brits as friends that basically breathed half hearted insults towards me, "because, mother of mine, you would have gotten so lost in those books of your's that everyone would have been forced to call you a ancient bookworm of the seventeenth century!"

She smacked my arm and grumbled an indignant "I'm not that old..." I grinned while I rubbed my arm, "don't deny it, mother. History is repeating itself!"

I had mere seconds to duck as she grabbed her handbag and hurled it at my head. Beautiful woman wasn't she? I raced around the room, my mother at my heels as she screeched German profanities and some other words that were foreign to me.

"I'll beat you to a pulp!"

"Mother, that's child abuse!"

~

I hummed a small tune as I grinned in victory. My mother was sprawled rather ungracefully onto my sofa. I was honestly surprised that she lasted as long as she did. The world really was full of miracles wasn't it?

"I'm actually thankful that you are getting out of the house now..."

"Ouch, mother. My heart. Since when did you hate my poor soul?"I chuckled, I didn't take her words to heart. She tried to hide her small smile.

She stayed silent for a few seconds before she groaned and lifted herself off of the sofa. She picked up her handbag that had been thrown and gave me a childish glare before heading to the apartment door.

"Your lucky I love you."

"You lucky to have me to throw handbags at when I indirectly call you old."

She whirled around to look at me with a menacing grin that forced a spooked shiver down my spine.

I hold my arms up in surrender before adding,"out of love of course! I know you don't live under a rock."

She gave me a nod in approval and opened the door. As she made her way down the hallway, I was quick to pull an immature face and played innocent when she turned around. What a great offspring I was.

"It was more like a cave, mother dearest!"

I loved to aggravate her. It was sort of like a past timeout mine. It was amusing to watch her burst a vain, but of course I still respected her and treated her like an actual mother.

I sighed softly and closed my door behind me and looked around my new apartment. A new place. A new home. A new life. What were the odds? Maybe I'll be able to learn a thing or two here while I train. I need some sort of inspiration to keep the audience on the edge of their seats.

I toed off my shoes next too the door and unbuttoned the top button of my shirt. There was a buzz in my pocket and a quiet ding.

Is she already worried about me?

I scratched the side of my head and seen a text from my glorious mother.

Mama:I forgot to give you your farewell gift!
//image//

I waited on the image to load and immediately sighed once it did. It was a picture of her as she saluted her special 'fuck you' finger. How mature.

I sent her back a message with my own photo. Two can play at this game.

I turned off my phone and tossed it onto the sofa, the only clean place in the room. I looked around my apartment and wondered where I should begin. My boxes wouldn't unpack themselves.

That small fact ate at the back of my mind as I grimaced and tried to ignore the looming boxes.