|Chapter Seven|

Previously in The Life She Lies: Dilmer sex.
Sorry for the shorter chapter, I'm high key depressed and not doing very well right now.

Fourteen weeks pregnant and counting. My baby boy was the size of a lemon now which seemed so small compared to what he was going to be in twenty-six more weeks. Such a long time to wait for something so exciting.

Things had been going good between Wilmer and I, maybe even too good. It reminded me of my relationship with Nick before he began assaulting me, but I knew that Wilmer was nothing even close to Nick. Wilmer was amazing, he saved me, if it weren't for him I probably wouldn't even be alive right now.

"How about we do a gender neutral theme room?" Wilmer asked, looking at the yellow stained cot and brown rug,

I screwed up my face at the ugly array of colours, "Why though? We can have a gender neutral room with blue if that's what you're into"

Wilmer laughed, "It's not but I don't know, I saw it online" He told me, "You're right, yellow and brown is pretty ugly looking"

We moved away from the yellow coloured nursery furniture and came to a stop in front of the blue coloured items.

I pulled my phone out of my bag as the loud ringtone startled me, "Wait, someone's calling me" I told Wilmer as we stood looking at the baby blue coloured cott, "Unknown number" I muttered, slightly confused as I looked at my white and gold iPhone 7.

"Hello?" I brought the phone to my ear cautiously. I knew it couldn't be Nick, I blocked his number and got a new one myself.

"Demi?" A familiar female voice spoke,

I narrowed my eyes, "Kehlani... How the fuck did you get my number?" I snapped.
Although I was no longer with Nick, I would never forgive her for what she did to me.

"That's not important" She muttered, "Demi, I'm pregnant"

I rolled my eyes letting, out a frustrated breath, "Good for you"

"No, it's Nick's baby"

As the words left her mouth I could feel the adrenalin pumping through my body, I was angry. How dare she phone me about this? She wasn't my friend, she slept with my husband while I was with him and now wants to call me telling me that she's pregnant with his baby, no thanks hoe. "Look Kehlani, I don't care. Deal with it yourself, have fun telling Nick and getting him to pay child support for your trashy ass because trust me, he won't stay with you"

The woman was left speechless for a few moments, "I'm getting an abortion, Nick doesn't want the baby"

"And that surprises you?" She didn't reply, "Have fun"

"You're a real bitch, Demi"

I chuckled, "At least I didn't sleep with your husband" I told her, a passive aggressive tone in my voice as I hung up the phone before throwing it back into my bag.

Wilmer walked over to me and placed his hand on the bottom of my back, "Is everything okay?"

"Fuck off" I growled, taking in the information that was just fed to me when I realised what I had just said to him. I turned to see a slightly hurt look upon Wilmer's face, but he tried to mask it when I looked, "I'm sorry, I'm just... I'm sorry" I told him, a lone tear running down my cheek as he wiped it away,

"Do you want to go home?" Wilmer asked,

I shook my head, "I'm fine"

"You're visibly upset, Demi"

"I'm angry! I'm not upset, I have nothing to be fucking upset about, I have the perfect life now. I'm just angry!" I snapped, getting the attention from the shop assistant as Wilmer inched away from me a bit. "Fuck it, we'll just go home" I shook my head, exiting the store as Wilmer trailed behind me.

We didn't talk the entire way home. I could see that Wilmer was upset and hurt at the way I had spoken to him, and I felt extremely guilty for treating him like that... it was almost as if I didn't realise how mean I was being or I couldn't control it at the time. As if he was going to take that as an excuse though. Kehlani was right, maybe I am just a bitch.