|Chapter Two|

Previously in The Life She Lies: After finally escaping her abusive husband, Demi sets out to find Wilmer. After a day of driving, she finds her love and they are reunited. Happy ending, although it was only the beginning.

"You left him, you finally got away from him" Wilmer smiled as I sat across from him in his lounge room, a cup of Chai tea in my hands as my luggage sat across the room.
I hadn't had time to unpack yet, I hadn't even thought of it to be completely honest. The only thing on my mind was Wilmer.

I nodded with a small smile on my face, "I was going to stay longer, but he found out about something..." I trailed off while looking down at my stomach. I didn't know how to tell him, and I didn't know if he would still want me even when I did tell him. "Wilmer, I need to tell you something, but please, please don't leave me" I begged, tears brimming my eyes as the words left my mouth.

The man shook his head, "I just got you back, don't think you're getting away that easy"

"I'm pregnant" I said, short and sharp as Wilmer spat the coffee that he was currently drinking everywhere. That was my first time seeing a real like spit take, I can truely say it was as epic as expected. "I thought Stephanie might have told you, but I wasn't sure. I'm assuming she didn't" I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

Wilmer placed his mug onto the coffee table between us, "How far along are you?"

"I was 10 weeks yesterday, so two and a half months" I told him, "Nick found out because I got a bill from the hospital, an invoice, I didn't even think of going through the mail to make sure we didn't get a bill... I just didn't think" I shook my head before taking another sip of the perfectly made tea.

"That's why you left?"

"I was going to leave anyway, my plan was to always leave. I just didn't expect him to find out so soon, or at all. He told me he loved me and was going to help me 'get rid of it'" I explained,

His face turned to disgust, "That man is a pathetic excuse for a human being" Wilmer spat, the only other time I had seen him so bitter was the first time he heard about what Nick did to me, "Did he do that when he found out too?" He asked, gesturing to my bruised and swollen cheek, two butterfly clips that I found in my bathroom keeping the small but deep wound shut.

I nodded slightly, shaking my hair to cover it knowing how ugly it made me look. "I'm sorry you have to look at me like this..."

"Look at you like this? Demi, you look fucking beautiful and always do, no matter what that pig did to you" He told me, leaning in closer to me and looking straight into my eyes, "Did he tell you what happened between me and him?"

I narrowed my eyes in confusion, "No..."

"He showed up at my house drunk and told me to stay away from you. He was convinced that we had sex and started swinging at me. Being taller and stronger than him, I threw him to the floor after he hooked me one in the eyebrow" I noticed the slight pink scar crossing his eyebrow at the mention of it, "He got up and before he left he told me that I had 24 hours to get out of town otherwise you would be dead"

I looked down into my half full mug, "You could have said goodbye..."

"I didn't want to risk him hurting you Demi, I didn't want to be the reason for your pain"

"You were... it was just a different kind of pain"

He brought his hands to cover his face as the words left my mouth, "I didn't know what to do, I'm sorry..."

Seeing how bad he felt made me regret saying anything. He was only doing what he thought was best for me, so that I wouldn't get hurt.

"You have a pretty nice house for someone who left town within a day" I joked, changing the subject as he lifted his face from his hands.