|Chapter Three|

Previously in The Life She Lies: Breaking the big news to Wilmer, he vows to stick by her side and helps her move into his home.

I couldn't sleep that night. My mind wouldn't stop racing about what happened in the shower. Wilmer was sound asleep next to me, I wondered how somebody could be so perfect. How somebody so perfect could want a wreck like me.

I stepped into the shower with a white towel covering my otherwise naked body. Goosebumps rose on the surface of every inch of my skin as Wilmer stood in front of me. I wasn't sure where to look so I just looked into his mocha coloured eyes as he looked me up and down, eventually meeting my gaze.

"Are you okay?" Wilmer asked, a look of innocence on his face as we stood there, my towel getting slightly wet as the small drops of water splattered against the grey material.

I nodded, "Just nervous" I chuckled awkwardly, my knuckles turning white from holding onto the towel so tightly. "I'm just scared, I've never been good enough I'm just... I don't want you to not like me..." I trailed off, slightly embarrassed at what I had said but mostly glad that I had told him how I felt.

His hands lifted my face up as my lips pressed against his, "Demi, I already like you and nothing can change that. Your body will not change that" Wilmer told me, pressing his lips back to mine, soon slipping his tongue into my mouth as I lost the grip on my towel.
The water fell onto my naked back as Wilmer's hands explored my body, dragging his fingernails down my back and grabbing my ass slightly. My heart was pumping and adrenalin was surging throughout my body. We were close, so close. I could feel him against me. Every inch of him against me.

I let out a soft moan as he nibbled on my bottom lip, dragging it out slightly before moving his lips down to my neck. I threw my head back as he sucked every inch of my neck, moving down to my collar bones as he slipped his hand between my legs. I wasn't entirely sure what had happened in those slight moments, but everything just came crashing down and panic took over my mind.

"Wait" I stammered, pulling away from Wilmer, "I'm sorry..." I trailed off,

He ran his hand through his hair anxiously, "It's okay, we don't have to do anything until you're ready"

"I'm ready, I just..." I didn't know how to explain what had just happened, mostly because I, myself wasn't even sure what happened. "I don't know" I sighed in frustration, burying my face into Wilmer's chest and wrapping my arms around him. I felt safe in his arms, and right now I just wanted him to hold me.

"How about we take it slow, you tell me when you're ready?"

I nodded, "I'd like that" I smiled into his chest as his fingers traced up and down my back, "I like the showering though, we can still do this" I felt his chest vibrate as a small chuckle left his mouth. I could stay here like this for hours.

I felt myself blushing at the memory of Wilmer and I, although I wasn't quite ready yet, I knew that it was going to be amazing when it does happen. Wilmer wasn't mad at me, and there wasn't any tension for the remainder of the shower or even after that. I brushed my teeth, changed into my pyjamas, and we talked a bit before he kissed me and fell asleep. Of course my plan was to also fall asleep, but then again when does anything in my life ever go to plan?

..

I woke up to a knock at the front door, Wilmer was already out of bed and there was no sign of him in the closet nor ensuite.
I could hear the door open from downstairs, the voice I heard made my blood run cold.

"Where is she?" Nick snapped, anger and hatred lathering every word that was spat from his mouth.

"I don't know Nick, I haven't seen Demi since I left" Wilmer lied as I heard heavy footsteps climb up the stairs, "Get out of my house or I will call the cops"

Nick chuckled mockingly, "You won't do shit" I was frozen, not knowing what to do or where to go.

The bed sheets were tangled around my body as Nick entered Wilmer's bedroom. Hesitating for only a few split seconds, he stormed towards me and pushed me back onto the bed. His fist colliding with my face so many times I had lost count, I was screaming in pain as Wilmer pulled him off of me, tackling him to the ground as blood dripped onto the previously stark white bed sheets. I looked down to see that I was sitting in a pool of blood. Something wasn't right, this wasn't all from my face.

"My baby..." I stuttered before trailing off, tears streaming down my face even heavier as the reality hit me. I was losing my baby and there was nothing I could do about it.

"Demi" Wilmer said, getting off of Nick and kneeling down in front of me, "Demi, wake up"

My eyes shot open as Wilmer lay on top of me, holding me down and shaking me slightly as the tears cascaded down my face, "It was just a dream, it wasn't real" Wilmer comforted me, getting off of me and moving my head to rest on his chest as he cuddled up next to me, the tips of his fingers tracing lines on my back as I sobbed into his chest,

"I'm so scared" I admitted, one arm wrapped around Wilmer and the other arm wrapped around my stomach. "Nick found me and he hurt me, I lost the baby"

His fingers were tangled in my short hair, "The bubba is okay Dems, everything is okay, he can't get you here, you're safe"

"But what if he does find me?" I choked, the lump in my throat making it difficult to speak.

I could feel Wilmer shaking his head, his free hand resting on top of mine on my stomach, "He would have to kill me before he could even get close to you" He told me, "Demi, I love you"

I smiled as a blush formed on my cheeks, "I love you, Wilmer" He kissed me on my forehead as I looked up at him, only seeing a slight sillouhette of his features from the moon peaking through the curtains in the otherwise dark room.

A/n: high key just a filler chapter with steamy dilmer moments and Demi's ptsd starting. Happy ending would be too good to be true I guess.
I'm going on holidays on Sunday for 3 days, I'll only have 30 minutes of Internet a day so I'll try to update in those slots.

QOTD: This story is going to be really quite long with what I have planned, I'm wondering if I should have a third book or just make this one really long. What do y'all want/think?