LXI- The Branding Ceremony?

Start from the beginning

Indianna swallowed nervously when Olivia didn't say anything. "Olivia, what is it?"

"The branding ceremony is when you are given the pack brand. In the olden days how did they brand people?"

Indianna frowned. "You're not talking about when they used to burn the brand into people's flesh..." Olivia's face answered Indianna's question and she gasped. "That's horrible! What the hell, that can't be!"

"That's not all," Olivia said. "Like I said, it's worse for high ranking wolves."

"How?"

Olivia glanced around, but none of the guys where near. "For a normal pack member the Alpha gives the mark," Olivia explained. "For a higher ranking pack member more than one person gives the mark. For any high ranking pack member other than the Alpha and the Luna, the mark is given to the pack member by every single high ranking member."

"You mean the mark is burnt into the skin more than once!" Indianna exclaimed.

Olivia nodded. "It's even worse for the Alpha and Luna. The Alpha's mark is first given by the previous Alpha, but then the mark is administered by every single pack member. Over and over until every pack member has pressed the branding rod into the Alpha's skin."

Indianna's hand went to her mouth in horror. "That can't be true! What about Luna's?"

"The Luna's branding ceremony is a big event. It's viewed as the most important branding ceremony as the introduction of the Luna into the pack means that the pack will definitely continue as sooner or later the Luna will bare pups. The branding is started off by the previous Luna and then everyone above 18 in the pack will brand the Luna, children don't however. The last branding for the Luna is done by the Alpha. Then..."

"Olivia," Indianna said, her voice shaking. She was scared at this sudden revelation, but also furious that Greyson hadn't told her. It was another huge secret he was keeping from her. "Olivia, w-what else?"

"There's two parts to the Luna's branding ceremony," Olivia said lowly. "First, the branding part, but then the consummation..."

"The what!" Indianna gasped.

"The Elder's of the werewolf world as well as the previous Alpha and Luna have to witness the consummation of the Alpha couple."

"Why!" Indianna exclaimed.

"The Elders need proof that the Alpha couple will provide an heir, or proof that they are trying. The branding ceremony has always been that way. It used to happen in the olden days after marriage, but for werewolves it's part of the branding ceremony."

"So what you're saying is that all of the adult pack members are going to individually poke me with a burning branding stick, then Greyson's parents as well as a bunch of people I don't know are going to watch us have sex," Indianna said in shock and she held her hand to her head, unsure on how to react to this new information.

She was horrified.

Mortified.

And angry.

"He has never mentioned a bloody word of this to me!" Indianna hissed. "How dare he! This is huge!"

"I'm sorry," Olivia whispered and Indianna laughed humourlessly.

"I'm not surprised," she muttered bitterly. "Of course he doesn't tell me something major that concerns me. Anything important he keeps from me! He's such an asshole! He doesn't think I can handle knowing anything, but it just makes it worse him not telling me!"

*Sugar, I can feel your anger, what's wrong?* Greyson asked and Indianna squeezed her eyes shut, wishing she could push Greyson from her head.

*Get out!* She yelled. *I do not want to talk to you!*