The Ducem

"Calm down Willow, steady steady your gonna be okay." Jake squeezed my hand. "Zane heat up this knife until it's glowing a bright red, we can kill it before it spreads any further." Jake handed him a small dagger, which Zane immediately started heating up. "Willow I won't let you die, who else is gonna beat me up." He gave me a humorous smile and a wink. Causing me laugh. But that quickly went away, with a scream of agony. I fell on the ground it now felt as if an animal was eating my arm away and its saliva was lemon juice. "Is that knife ready yet?"Jake tried to sound as calm as possible as he lifted me back up, but I saw the panic in his eyes. Zane handed Jake the glowing knife. "Someone hold her still." Zane immediately came and held down. Tara sat down and held up my arm. I watched as Jake lowered the glowing knife to my skin. As soon as it made contact, the pain intensified by billions. I tried to jerk away. But Zane and Tara held me in place. I felt the blade moving under my skin as it burned the acid away. Tears stung my eyes, I tugged on Zane's shirt screaming at the top of my lungs. I just wish I would go unconscious but no I was awake with every burning sensation. Cool water splashed onto my arm, causing me to scream even louder. "It's over." Jake gave the knife a wipe and put it away. The pain subsided, I let go of Zane's shirt, he pulled me into a hug. I was shaking uncontrollably. I heard tearing. Jake was ripping off his sleeve. He wound the fabric around my arm tightly. Before it was covered I caught a glimpse of bone. "We're taking you back to the healer immediately, do not remove the fabric." Jake warned. He noticed I was still shaken. "Hey you're gonna be fine okay, if not I'll let Zane beat the crap out of me then I'll run around the streets naked covered in flour...promise." Jake crossed his heart. I smiled. I stood up. "Looks like I get to keep my dignity for another day."

"Are you gonna be okay?" Zane turned me around to face him.

"Yes, thanks  Zane." Most of his worry washed away from is face only leaving tiny hints of it.

"We aren't done...there's still the Ducem." Bailee said looking grim.

"Willow it's in your best interest to not go with us." Tara looked concerned.

"I can still help." I argued

"You just went through extreme pain Willow please, don't." I turned to Zane.

"I can do this." I persisted.

"Can't you do that animal thing, you can stay out here but use an animal to fight." Jake stood up. "But you will stay out here."

"Fine." I conjured up a wolf, which stood beside Simone. My vision transferred to the eyes of the wolf. I trotted next to Simone as we followed Jake to the room of the Ducem. We slowly entered. There was a tracker which was swiftly killed under Zane's fire, the weasel turned to ashes. I saw someone tied to a chair. Zane immediately ran up to them, untying whoever it was. My eyes focused on the man. He looked familiar.

"Dad!" I got up and started running to the room.Zane was no longer near him in fact he was closer to the entrance. I saw him standing there a fin as a fiddle, like nothing had happened to him. "Dad, I missed you so much you wouldn't believe what I've been through. Where's Mum?" Tears fell down on my cheeks. The wolf was gone. I went to go run to him.

"Willow no!" Zane yelled. Jake held me back. 

"What are you doing let me go!" I broke free just as I was about to run to him a low growl escaped from him. His eyes glowed a bright cherry red. "Dad?"

"He's no longer you're Dad Willow." Zane warned. I turned back to the creature that was my dad, it started to jerk in odd directions, its arms bending in unnatural places. It turned into a monster with razor sharp teeth and spiked tail. It crouched down low ready to attack. 

"Now that's ugly." Jake pointed at the abomination. It leaped onto Simone taking a chunk of flesh from her neck. She turned back into her human form, she laid on the floor gasping for air, blood pooled around her, she coughed out  blood. It spun around its tail knocking me to the other side of room away from my friends. I crawled to Simone trying to cover her wound, the blood wouldn't stop. The creature leaped onto Tara. Zane, Jake, Bailee and Chaise all of them trying their best to try and take down the monster. Tara screamed as it ripped off her limbs.

S: Don't bother, kill it.

I nodded. She smiled and closed her eyes. I turned to the savage. I felt power surging through me, I chucked lightning balls at it. Not stopping until it was 100% dead. I didn't cry though, this thing wasn't my father and it killed two of my friends. We left the room and the mess in it.

"Where's The Ducem?" Jake sounded angry.

"I don't know?" Bailee replied. We made our way down stairs. No one was celebrating. We walked past the lifeless bodies. Bodies from our side and Flunkeys, but I couldn't help but notice that they were no older then 30. Jake started running around.

"Samuel! Samuel! Get your butt here right now." He shouted. I ran around with him trying to find Samuel.

"Jake! Jake!" I spotted the maroon haired boy down the hall sprinting us at one second, then standing next to us.

"Samuel!" Jake pulled him in for a hug.

"I thought you died." They said in unison. We all joined up with the remaining people. I tripped and saw Shakira lying on the ground covered in blood,Libby was impaled on the wall, Taylor was hanging off a light fixture.

"Is it over?" Samuel asked. A grim look crossed Jake's face.

"No, it's still out there and we have no clue where it could have gone." He sounded frustrated. "Did you save all the captives?"

"Yeah, although we lost a lot of people. We should probably get back now to treat the wounded." Jake nodded his head in agreement. We all bunched together, and the teleporters surrounded us. Chaise stood in front of me. I looked directly at him. His eyes were... Half red.

"Willow!" Jake and Zane ran to me. But Chaise was quicker. He grabbed my hand. The world started spinning immediately. When the world stood still and nausea had passed. I realized where I was. I gazed upon the blackened rubble of my former home.