Base

I sat up in my sleeping bag, barely awake. The events from last night flashed through my head, I turned to find Zane still sleeping he looked so peaceful. I brushed my fingers through my hair in an attempt to fix the nest. I wriggled out of the sleeping bag and straightened my clothes. I walked around the treehouse the wooden floor boards creaking under my feet. I slowly my way to the entrance and climbed down the tree, stretching my limbs.
When my feet reached solid ground I took a deep in, the clean air filling my lungs, basking in the suns warm glow.

The whole forest was bright with shades of green. The birds chirping and the rustle of the leaves filling the air. My nose caught a whiff of the delicious scent of...
-------------
"BACON!" I shouted.

I climbed the tree and when I got  through the entrance I could see Zane trying to hide a smile. He stood in the kitchen leaning on a wall with a pan lying on his hand, I could hear the crackling and popping of the delicious bacon.

I sat on a wooden chair, and waited for the bacon to be cooked. Zane approached me with two plates of bacon and handed me one. 

"Did you sleep alright last night?" His voice was husky.

I swallowed the bacon that I was currently devouring. "Yeah after a while... thanks."

"That's good, cause you're going to need a bunch of energy if you're gonna make it to base so hurry up and eat your bacon." I glanced at his plate he had already finished his.

"Base?..." 

He sighed

"Yes. Base. Once you're there, someone will be able to answer all of your questions and we'll see what happens from there."

"When are we leaving?"

He got up and took my polished off plate and washed them in a bucket of water around the corner.

Was that always there?

"We're leaving now." He put the clean plates back where he got them, we climbed down the tree and embarked on our journey, or me following him to wherever we're going. As far as I'm concerned we are going to a base.

4 Hours later

My legs were giving way, I could feel the weight on my shoulders with every painful step. We were far from the forest now, it took half an hour to leave the forest. We walked for another half an hour on some path, then we caught a bus somewhere and walked even deeper into another forest. We exited this forest and arrived in a large field. I don't see why we couldn't of just called an uber.
In the clearing I saw an abandoned building. It was four stories high with dusty windows, ivy growing on the walls and and an overgrown lawn. It looked abandoned but it didn't feel abandoned.

Zane kept on walking, on the bus ride he specifically said to not to ask any more questions after my 100th attempt to get answers. I followed Zane through the overgrown grass. We stopped at the outside of the building. The door looked like it was about to break with the slightest breeze.

"Stay here, do not wander." Zane walked inside leaving me alone at the entrance of the building.

Willow, Willow, Willow when in books have they ever stayed when told to and whenever you play games do you ever really listen? True....but- nah screw it.

I glanced at the entrance and walked away, I came across a stream not too far away from the house. I watched as the water ran across the rocks, glistening in the sunlight, the hums of the cicadas filling the air. I sat on the grass for five minutes before Zane found me. Looking angry.

"Seriously Willow? Why? I asked you to do one thing....arrgh. Come on." I turned to see Zane as he turned around and started walking to the house. I followed a few steps behind him. When we reached the entrance we were greeted by a woman, she looked much older than me. Probably in her late twenties or early thirties.