Why can't I sleep

"You need to come with me...now."she whispered and started pulling me out of bed.
"Who are you and why did you wake me up?" My voice sounded groggy . I rubbed my eyes as I walked with this girl.
"I'm Shakira Ridolfi." She didn't even look at me.
She took me to this large grey room with a few books stacked in a corner, it was brightly lit in here so I could see perfectly. There was a dude with electric blue hair, he had a black pattern tattooed on his sun kissed arm from his wrist ending just below his ear, he had bright purple eyes mixed with a blue. "Hello Willow I'm Jake." He gave me a warm smile. "It's to my understanding that your parents were both Sui Generis, yes?" 
Wow straight to the point.
"I was told it was just my father." I rubbed my eyes still half-asleep.
"Well you were told wrong both of them were Sui Generis, which  would explain why so many people are after you." He chuckled, Shakira stood by the door. "Do you know why?"
"No I can't say I do." I yawned
"Well then let me explain it to you, the reason your so special is because when ever two people from this race have a baby, the baby doesn't survive or is a regular ordinary human. There is no in between, but because you are alive and a Sui Generis it makes you much more valuable than the rest of us. This has never been known to happen nor is the power you have, no one in existence or in that past has had your ability. Making you extremely valuable." He paused and looked at me. He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose for a few seconds. "Look you need to get complete utter control of your power so you can use it when you want and how you want okay." I nodded my head. "Good. Thanks Shakira. You can go back to sleep now." She left the room.
"Okay we will start with some basic things, like aim. I want you to aim at this book." He picked up a book from a pile and stood it up in the ground. "Aim is very important just focus on your target and surroundings when in battle. Steady your breathing and fire."he stood beside me and watched. I focused on the book and leveled my breathing, I was about to fire when a book was chucked at my head.
"I said focus on your surroundings!" He grabbed more books and lined them up around the room. "Hit all these books." I started to focus on a book, calmed my breath. Jake went to swing at me but I ducked just in time to dodge. He started throwing kicks. I started shooting lightning at a book but missed by miles. "Come on, you got this, just focus on not getting hit, then the book then not getting hit like a pattern." He looked so amused by this. He started swinging his fists, I dropped to the ground and swept my legs under his causing him to land on the ground. I focused on a book yet again, fired and the book toppled over, a small flame slowly burning it. I went back to Jake but was whipped with water across my face. He was holding a water whip, he tossed it in the air. The whip transformed into a trident. I focused on a book a shot at it. I didn't have time to look at it as the trident came flying at me. I fell to ground narrowly dodging it, I felt the wind on my head as it passed me. I jumped to my feet, wanting for this to be over soon. I managed to make 3 lighting balls hover in my hand circling my palm. Not even questioning it I chucked them towards the books. After another 5 minutes of this Jake and I both agreed to stop with the fighting.
"Tara mentioned that you had this owl thing. Mind showing me."
I groaned and moved to the center of the room. Jake took a seat on the ground and watched intently with a goofy smirk plastered on his face.
Pfft. You can do much better then a pathetic owl.
A devious smirk played on my lips, I released my energy to the animal I wanted to form.
I watched as he stared in amazement at the leopard walking around the room. My mind shifted from my body into its, I focused its gaze on Jake looking at him like he was my next meal, I bounded towards him and leapt into the air. With a flick of his wrist water had surrounded me in a sphere. My consciousness went back to my body and I saw as the leopard dispersed into the water. I turned to Jake and he had a mischievous grin on his face, I was to focused on him that I hadn't realized he flung the water at me. I felt a jolt run through my body and I stood there standing there dripping wet. I scowled at him. He just shrugged.
"You reeked, plus I couldn't let it fall on the floor I would have gotten electrocuted." I looked at him obviously confused and angered. "Water conducts electricity and because you can create it you aren't severely affected." He looked at me as if I had never taken a science class in my life. I glared icy daggers at him. He wore a pained expression and slammed his palm flat on his chest over his heart and fell to the ground. I swear I'm friends with a bunch of drama queens.
"Considering you drenched my clothes,
can I please get some dry ones these were my only pair given to me." He lied still on the ground pretending to be dead, he slowly crawled to his feet and looked at me.
"Fine." He threw his hands up in the air , he grabbed my hand and pulled me to another room next door.
"Grab your size it doesn't matter they're all the same style." He crossed his arms and leaned against the door frame. I grabbed the clothes I needed and left.
"It's 3 am you need to be up and ready for training at 6am...you need sleep. Plus them bags under your eyes are in the verge of becoming suitcases."
I shot him an cold  glare.
"Your not looking to hot yourself."
"Come on let's take you back to your bed."
He guided me though the maze of corridors and sleeping areas until we reached mine.
"Next time if you need to see me." I smiled sweetly."Don't wake me up." My tone shot acid. He grinned said goodnight and walked away. I got changed into my dry clothes and made a cocoon for myself in the sheets. Sleep hit me instantly but almost simultaneously I was rolled out of bed by Simone. "If I can't sleep in neither can you."