two

third person pov

She stands at the door with her hand loosely hanging on the doorknob. Her mouth hangs open, but not because she's furious. Not because she's devastated that Ethan had a different girl in his room. But because she was surprised. Maybe even a little disappointed.

"Hey," she gulps.

Ethan quickly stands up from the bed, leaving the confused looking girl still seated on the bed to look back and fourth at the two.

"Carter," he nods his head toward her.

"Uh, this is Kenzie," she stands up, walking over to Ethan's side, and looping her arm through his.  "My girlfriend."

-----

carters pov

"He has a what?!?"

"A girlfriend," I repeat for the second time, as I neatly set my clothes into the drawers of the bedroom.

"This just got way harder. Maybe you'll have to convince him to cheat on her,"

"What the?! No! You're crazy if you think I'd ever do that," I chuckle, shaking my head at my bestfriends words.

"Just sayin. I mean, with a girlfriend, she's always gonna be on your back about how you were too close to Ethan a long time ago,"

"Key words: a long time ago," I sigh, closing the drawer, and plopping down onto the comfy white bed. I grab the phone in my hand, turning speaker off, and holding it against my ear.

"She still is. Watch, and if she does, you owe me 20 bucks,"

"Okay,"

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah. But if she doesn't, you owe me 20 bucks," I laugh.

"I can't believe the shit things we do," she chuckles, "deal,"

"I've got to go. Lots of unpacking to do," I lie. I just wanted some time to rest from the jet lag. Australia's far from New Jersey. It was late where she was anyways.

"Alright, see ya,"

"Bye," I hang up the phone, throwing it to the side.

A knock is heard on the door of the guest room making me shout a quick, "come in!"

The door opens, revealing Ethan, as he slowly walks toward the bed, taking a seat on the side of it. "How are you?" He asks, a nervous smile on his face.

I take a deep breath in, to prevent me from become angry for even upset, "I'm okay,"

"Just... okay?"

"Yeah," I reply, turning over on the bed, reaching for my phone. I turn it on, scrolling through my social media to avoid any conversation with him.

"Who were you talking to on the phone?"

I head snaps toward him, my eyebrows furrowed. "You listened to my conversation?"