Chapter 4 Meeting Taylor

Start from the beginning

"I agree with her" I hear Taylor say gently from behind me. I turn to see her smiling friendly with an open posture as she tucks her cell phone into the front pocket of her light beige shorts. Her white blouse hang loosely, tucked in neatly allowing it to billow slightly at the bottom. Her blonde hair was down in a cute curly style with a fringe lining her heart shaped face. Her knee high boots were an exact match in shade as her shorts and helped tie her outfit together.

"Thanks" I say looking between the both of them, I was never one for taking compliments.

"So...." I continue whilst looking pointedly at Taylor, trying to fish information from her in regards to the phone call she just made and get the attention away from myself for a bit. She seemed to understand what I was hinting at and nodded.

"Oh right, well they will be sending a scout and camera man out to watch and record your performance. It also turns out that I am free that night, so... I will be able to see it live. Most likely in a disguise though" she says in slight excitement, sharing the news with us. I smile at her excitement and can't help but feel a similar amount bubble up inside of me, plus a bundle of nerves.

"Wait, what will happen if the scout thinks I'm good enough?" I ask, curious about what happens next.

"Well, the scout will send the video to numerous recording companies and see what companies respond, if any do. From there you chose which company you would like to record with, sign a few papers, audition and record a few songs to see if you can cope with the recording process and if you pass then they will let you start recording the next top hit" she explains.

"Okay, and what were you saying about a manager?" I asked her in confusion. All of this was making an absolute mess in my head. I had never looked much into the life of celebrities, never taking all that much interest so all of this was a whole new world to me.

"Oh, if you end up signing a record deal you'll need a manager to help organize your schedule like when your concerts will be held and when you will be on talk show, ect, ect. But when you first start out your manager could be a family member, a friend, just anyone that is willing to help you until you can hire professional help. My dad was my first ever manager, I remember the days he used to sell my albums in a Walmart car park" she laughs with a helpful smile on her face. I looked over at Angela who was standing behind me as the wheels start to turn. She is smart and seems to support me, calms me down and seems to be able to remain calm in situations like this.

"That's a great idea Taylor... Angela would you consider being my manager?" I asked hope filling my tone. I obviously was not putting any pressure on her as I knew this would be a big ask, especially as we were both still seniors in high school.

"I guess? It would be fun and I have always liked organising things" she said with excitement lacing her slightly nervous tone.

"I think you will be great but if you ever wanna tap out, just tell me" I give her a brief hug before we both turn back to Taylor not really sure what else needs to be said.

"Would you like to accompany me shopping? My friend was meant to join but they had a last minute audition" Taylor asked seeing the hesitation on our faces on what to say next. 

"Of course, we would love too" I say back feeling slightly nervous about the fact that a celebrity wanted to spend more time in my presence. Just a few hours, just a few hours more to try and not embarrass myself in front of her. I can do this. What would Alice do? This is my new motto that I will now live vicariously through. The answer would be to shop confidently in stride with Taylor as if she belonged there, none of this nervousness and worrying over embarrassment that hasn't even happened. It wasn't even just Taylor, she had bodygaurds and fans that would be watching her every move and with me beside her... they will watch mine too.