Chapter 3 Shopping

Start from the beginning

 After I get the boots on, Angela gives me a once over but decides not to say anything just giving me a nod and an encouraging thumbs up. We had on very similar outfits, not quite matching but to a stranger it might look like we coordinated it.Oh well. We make our way down stairs to eat breakfast, trying to grab something quick so we could get out the door. We both decided on the brown cinnamon sugar pop tarts. The moment we took the last bite of our pop tarts we raced out the door, for me it was more like cautiously fast walked as I grew accustomed to the new boots. They were a lot bulkier than my regular sneakers. I cringe slightly thinking about the heels waiting for me. Damn you Alice! We both jumped into my old rusty truck, and I sent a silent prayer to whoever was listening to bless my truck to make it to Seattle..

Last night I had decided that I was going to use the money that I had saved from working at the Newton's store and the money the Cullen's had given me for my birthday, which took a lot of bargaining for me to accept, and do what I should have done a while ago; buy a suitable car now that it seemed the truck wasn't as reliable as it was. With Ed-him driving me to school most days, it had become quite run down and though it broke my heart, I knew it needed replacing. I hadn't told Charlie my plan and knew that it would be a shock to him when I brought a new car home but I knew that messaging him now may distract him from work and thought better of giving him the heads up, after all who doesn't like a good surprise right?

....................

After a long drive, we arrived in Seattle. We decided to hit the mall first and browse the car dealerships afterwards.

We pull up to Pacific Place, searching desperately to find a car park. Once I found one, I carefully park the large Chevy. It looks out of place in the busy car park and sticks out like someone wearing yellow in a crowd full of black. I pat the hood in appreciation but grimace as a shower of paint chips fall to the tarmac below.

The first place we head was the bank, I needed to know exactly how much they had transferred in to my account. As we walked to the bank I noticed that I had forgot my phone in the car.

"Shoot! I forgot my phone in the car, I'll be back in a second. Meet you at the bank" I say as I start to carefully jog to the truck.

 I opened the door of the truck and grabbed my phone that lay in the middle console. I look up when I hear the clicks of cameras going off. I search the mob and see a flash of a female standing in the centre of it all. I couldn't get a good glimpse as their security guards completely surround them shielding them from the gathering crowds. The guards had started to make their way through the crowd to make a pathway towards the mall for this person. I look closer trying to see who is causing such crowds to form. I saw a glimpse before their guards had solidified the shield around them again. She had blonde hair and a tall frame but I couldn't identify her in such a short amount of time.

I decide to make my way back to Angela before she gets worried. I jog over to the bank and noticed Angela out front waiting with a little bit of worry on her face as she looked around the crowds before she spotted me and jogged to meet me halfway.

"I was just about to go looking for you, where were you?" she asked in relief.

"I got distracted there is a mob of paparazzi following someone into the mall. I tried to get a glimpse but she was pretty heavily surrounded, tall blonde. Wonder who it was" I explain to Angela why it took me a little longer. I felt a little frustrated that I couldn't get a better glimpse of her face but overly curious about the mystery woman. 

"You should head in and check your account" she said as she nods her head towards the banks door. I make a start and as I enter, Angela leans against the wall outside to wait