#29

ZERA'S POV

Bam. With each word Harry spoke a new wave of pain rolled over me. I didn't mean to start bawling again but I couldn't help it. Liam walked over to me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Hey, don't worry about it," he said. It was pointless. "He'll see sense," Liam promised. I shook my head and suddenly stood up.
I can't take this. I need to get out of here, I thought. I ran out the lounge into my bedroom and grabbed my backpack. I shoved the beanie, a coat, my phone, some earphones, and my wallet. I started out the door then had a thought. I grabbed my Polaroid pictures and camera. When I ran out of the room and into the lounge, Liam tried to stop me. I didn't know where Ella was, and I didn't care. Fuck it. I pushed past him, ignoring his pleads to stay. It was over, I wasn't coming back.

I shoved open the door and ran down the stairs. Big mistake- I was sweating through my clothes. But I didn't want to take the elevator and possibly have to talk to someone. I shoved my way out the lobby and earned a few confused glances at me. I was shocked to see the paparazzi outside- had they been waiting all this time. A billion lights flashed in my face but I pulled my hood up and pushed past them, hoping they couldn't see my tears.
Half an hour later I had been running as hard as I could and the paparazzi had left me behind. I found myself in a park and slumped against a tree.

What had gone wrong?

I pulled out my phone and saw a bunch of messages from Liam, Louis and Ella. I choked back a sob. Harry hadn't tried to contact me. A notification pinged up on my screen. 10% battery. Great, Zera. I decided to let it die.
I just watched the messages appear and disappear on the screen. It was constantly lighting up the darkness with Instagram messages and follows and YouTube likes and dislikes and comments and text messages from Ella and my mum. They called me several times but I declined. I was on one percent when a message caught my attention. It was from Daisy. I tried to read it but my mind clogged up and I couldn't read the text properly. My screen went black and died. I sighed and shoved it back in my back. A flash of yellow in my bag. My Polaroid camera.
I took it out of my bag.

It was late at night, and I was brain dead.

I held it in my hand

He'd given it to me

Anger raged through me

I didn't want anything that he gave me

I hesitated

I threw it as hard as I could against a rock

It joined my heart

Cracked and broken and irreplaceable

ELLA'S POV

I heard a door open. Zera came barging in and started packing her bag. I suddenly knew what she was gonna do. She left, slamming the door behind her. Should I stop her? No. She had the right idea. I quickly packed my bag and looked out the window. I saw her pushing past the paparazzi and running towards the park. I ran out the door and into the living room. I grabbed some fruit, chocolate chip biscuits and two bottles of water. I put them in my bag and felt a hand on my shoulder. Louis.

"Where are you going?" He asked with a worried voice.

"Away. I have no more business here. Louis. You've been amazingly kind, but I have to go." I responded. I ran out the door, and began the great escape.