Epilogue

A/N: Okay here it is, the final ending. It's rough at first but trust me, it gets better.

February 11, 2016

Camila's POV

I tried my absolute hardest to listen to a song that didn't remind me of love. But it was hopeless... I was a love song fanatic and it was almost all that my Spotify had. Settling on Zara Larsson and MNEK's "Never Forget You," I listened with a sad heart whilst on my flight to Dubai.

Every single fucking lyric reminded me of...well, you know who. She was only just sitting two rows ahead of me, laughing and having a ball with Dinah. My ex-flying buddy. You want to know who I sat next to now? My mother. No surprise there but it was the norm nowadays. With Lauren and I officially over once and for all, the group was never the same.

One month. It'd been exactly one month since I was told about the contract. One month literally hating Lauren for throwing everything we had away. For not giving us at least one more chance. But it had only been a couple weeks since I found out where she specifically was that day I got the news. With Lucia Vives on a road trip. Seeing pictures posted of their trip surprised me. It hurt yes, but I was also in shock. I didn't want to assume anything but they'd been hanging out so much that I couldn't help but think that they were officially together now.

Plus, I saw the amount of times Lauren was on her phone texting/calling Lucy during the video shoots of Work from Home and That's My Girl and the photoshoots for 7/27. Not one word was exchanged between the two of us between any of the shoots, so, I never got to hear her explanation of her choices. If she even had an explanation. There probably wasn't, knowing her well enough that she goes with her gut.

But I've been sulking about it for a month and couldn't keep letting it ruin my life. She made her decision and I couldn't interfere with it.

_________________________

*knock knock*

"Hey," Lauren half smiled at me once I opened my hotel room door.

"So..." I crossed my arms, "you finally want to talk to me?"

"Can we talk out in the hall?" she said softly so that my mom couldn't eavesdrop.

"Make it quick," I sighed, following her out.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you at all or even texting and calling," she apologized in low tone.

"Alright," I muttered. I wasn't going to forgive her all that easily. That wasn't me anymore.

"And I... know you know...about... the contract," she drew out timidly, looking down.

"I know about that," I breathed. "I know about how much of a coward you are that you wouldn't try to fight for the girl you loved... all for money. You're so fucking selfish, Lauren," I bit.

"Money?" her eyes went wide and she looked at me. "Is that what you heard? Camila, I didn't take the money."

"...What?"

"He offered me millions of dollars but I didn't take it. I could never take that money," she explained seriously and I knew she wasn't lying from the look in her eyes.

"Well..."

"Camz, I did it for you."

I rolled my eyes and leaned against the wall, "Give me a break."

"I did!"

"Explain how you did it for me?"

"So you could concentrate on your music. You'd be better off without me hanging over you while you do your own thing," she said. What an idiot.