Chapter 31

A/N: Before we get started, you are probably going to really hate this chapter and be highly pissed off at me. So, sorry in advance. But please read to the very end no matter how hard it'll be.

Lauren's POV

Lucy and I had been vacationing in Colombia for a couple days now and it was of course nothing short of amazing. We went traveling around the city, wilderness, ocean, pretty much everywhere to take in the beautiful land and culture. I was amazed by everything and also doing it with Carlos Vives himself made it even better. I loved Lucy's family and they took me in, making me feel like I was a part of them. There was so much comfort around me and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

"Lauren, I'm almost ready! Are you?!" Lucy hollered from the bathroom. I had just changed into my dress for evening dinner and the party afterwards, putting the finishing touches on my makeup.

"Yeah, I-" I turned my head towards her just as she came out of the bathroom, but I stopped and stared. "Wow," I peered at her beauty. She had on a white top and long skirt on, also wearing red lipstick like mine. So beautiful. "You look amazing," I lightly smiled.

"Thanks. So do you," she grinned back. Throughout the night, I couldn't take my eyes off her. It was like she was getting more beautiful to look at as each hour passed. Her family party was really fun too. All of her relatives were very welcoming and as Lucy brought me around, introducing me to everyone, it kind of felt like I was her date to this event. Butterflies filled my stomach at that thought... I wouldn't mind being her plus one.

But then midnight approached and 2016 was about to ring in. Lucy brought me over to the crowd where everyone stood in front of the large television, watching the countdown. With an excited smile on her face and glint in her eyes, I kept my eyes hooked on her. The way she looked so eager for the New Year couldn't make me stop staring.

"5...4...3...2...1... Happy New Year!!!!" the whole room erupted, me still looking towards my best friend. "Happy new year!" she shouted joyfully, meeting my gaze. Everyone was kissing their loved ones, drinking champagne, but I didn't take a sip of mine, having only one thing on my mind.

I surely had an out-of-body experience because what I was about to say felt so unlike me and so absurd. Looking into Lucy's brown eyes and then wandering down to her lips, I said, "I want to kiss you."

Time slowed down and Lucy's happy expression faltered. But just as I was snapping out of my daze and realizing what I had just said. "Do it," Lucy replied with a straight face.

My eyes went wide no doubt but I didn't want to bother asking if she was sure. I wanted to kiss her so fucking bad. Pushing a few strands of hair behind her ear, I cupped her face, leaned in and slowly pressed my lips to hers. They were so soft that I instantly melted into the feeling. Fireworks exploded not just outside of the house but inside of me. I kissed Lucy over and over for what felt like hours, moving in closer to rest my hand on her waist. I didn't know how long we kissed for but when we finally pulled away, thankfully we smiled to each other. And I already knew from then that this year was going to be unforgettable.

Camila's POV

The ball dropped and everyone at Pitbull's New Year's Revolution cheered loudly as 2016 was finally here. I got some champagne to drink but Shawn interrupted that, "Happy New Year, Camila," he said smiling.

"Happy New Year, Shawn," I said back, matching his expression.

"Be my New Year's kiss?" he questioned, smirking. Even though we kissed before and had started going on a few dates with those also ending in kisses, I wasn't jumping for joy when he asked me tonight.