Chapter 5

Camila's POV

"Not today, Dinah. Not today," I said to her softly as we got into the van, waiting for the other girls. It was the morning after the VMAs and after taking seven shots, you sure as fuck will get a hangover. And mine was definitely from hell.

She laughed at me as I was in a hoodie with the hood up, sweat pants and sunglasses. I was just not having it today. "I was just gonna ask if you remember anything," she chuckled.

"I remember...taking a few shots. That's it," I mumbled.

"Oh my gosh so, you don't remember like anything at all?" she gasped.

"You saw me, Dinah, I was fucked up on tequila. That shit's stronger than anything I've had in my life which is basically nothing," I explained. "I thought I was gonna die."

"But you pulled through! You're strong," she patted my back.

"Not my stomach this morning. I threw up in the bathroom while Lauren held my hair," I sighed. I was proud for not embarrassing myself last night in front of her and acted as cool as possible (hopefully) but it was so hard. I wasn't sure what I did actually but when I woke up, all I was wearing was my bra and underwear. Before I could ask Lauren what happened, I went to the bathroom and vomited. It was so ugly. I didn't say or do anything else but get ready, get dressed, and leave.

"Really?" she gasped and I nodded. "Aw, Mila," she hugged me.

"I still feel like shit," I slumped. I took some tylenol to get rid of the headache but still, all I wanted to do was lay down and not do anything. Luckily, I got to do that though since we were flying to Pittsburgh for the show we had tomorrow.

"Alright, well, I'll leave you be so you can rest up."

"Thanks, China."

Lauren's POV

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Normani asked as we were in the elevator of the hotel, leaving to go to the van.

"Yeah," I nodded, trying my hardest to remember. "I obviously remember the party with Camila, Vero, and Keana," I told. "Oh yeah, I got great head from her last night," I smirked.

"From Keana?!" her eyes shot open.

"What? No, from Camila!" I stated firmly.

"Oh, damn, you scared me," she held her chest.

"Mani, I would never. Camz is the only one who can get it."

"Don't start," she glared.

"Okay."

The girls and I got back on the van and flew all the way back across the country to Pittsburgh. We were continuing our tour with Austin Mahone for about three more weeks which this time around, I think we were more excited about. I mean, we are VMA winners. But other than that, we were just excited to get back out there and perform for the fans.

The next few weeks were just that. Getting up early on the bus, going to radio stations and promoting our album which was still not released yet. Our team told us that the label was still finalizing the track list. We were done recording and everything (I think) but the songs still needed to be picked to make it sound like a genuinely good album. It was a long process already and we haven't heard when that would be done which was irritating. It was irritating enough that we had little say on what songs would be on it but the label had the final word. I really wanted the more vulnerable songs such as "No Way" but anything could get cut at this point.

September

"I think 'Sledgehammer' is a pretty good next single," I agreed as we were in a short meeting on the tour bus. We were going over what was going to happen after tour which was of course loads of more promo. More promo till the end of the year or whenever this god damn album is going to be released. "It's catchy, something to dance to yet not too loud and over the top. So, I think people would really like it. "Sledgehammer" wasn't my favorite but I still liked it and it was one of my favorites. It was going to be our next single which would be announced at the end of next month. But until then, we had a tour to finish.