Chapter Fifteen: I Wake Up Screaming

"They've come, who's they? What happened? How do you-"

"Melody," he opens his eyes to look up at me, the tears flowing freely down his cheek. "You're not the only one who had a gut wrenching dream last night."

I stop. "What was yours?"

His head lowered, eyes sorrowful. "You and Mask had severed heads."

My eyes widen. "Oh my-"

"That's not all," he speaks so calmly, yet I know he struggling, keeping himself from falling apart.

"What else?"

He looks up at me. "Waves wash over bloody bones, oceans dark and deep. Mysteries lie beneath its blankets, secrets lie deep within her." I let him go on, for I know there is no hope in stopping him. "Night sky shades their foretold souls, people to demons. Cries and pleas from the bodies within, dares of death haunt over him."

He stops. "That's all?"

He nods. "Few words, but it speaks thousands."

"How so?"

He sighs before climbing back over to the edge of the bed and grabbing hold of the tray. "Here, you need to eat." he hands me the trey and I stare longingly down at the meal consisting of french toast, peaches, apple juice, and bacon, can't forget the bacon. I begin to munch on my french toast.

I swallow before speaking. "So-"

"Oh yeah, that." he leisurely crawls next to me, climbing under the blankets. "Well, waves wash over bloody bones symbolizes a recent death, gruesome." he starts to shiver in fright at the mere memory of the dream. "Oceans dark and deep, further describes the setting I was in. Mysteries lie beneath its blankets, self described-" he looks up at me. "No where is safe, everywhere is something to fear." he continues to shake. "Secrets lie deep within her." he draws his attention back down to the covers, playing with his fingers. "I could be wrong, but my first guess was Mark." he looks back up at me from behind his hair. "I'm still a little fuzzy on the whole thing." He looks back down. "Night sky shades their foretold souls. At night they come. People to demons, us, the dreams. Cries and pleas from the bodies within." he stops to look up at me. "Look at your soul."

"Huh?" my face contorts as I finish my french toast.

"Look at your soul."

He's so serious, it's almost scary.

"How am I supposed to-"

"Try," not even an intonation of emotion.

I groan at first, but it evolves into a sigh and I close my eyes. Although they are closed, the image is as if I'm being hurled through a tunnel of colors. I come to a sudden stop at the end, the only section that is pitch black. At first, nothing. But a second later, I hear off in the distance a faint scream. My eyes shoot open at that very moment, breath suddenly quick. I look over at him, his expression serious. "How did you-"

"In my dream, I experienced the same thing, except it wasn't my scream I heard,"

"But mine." I finish.

He nods. "The last line, dares of death haunt over him, someone of someones wanted to kill him."

"I kinda guessed that."

He half smiles. "So what happened in your dream?"

I put down my half eaten peach, staring at the tray of bacon bits and bread crumbs. "I don't want to talk about it."

I feel his hand on my cheek and I look over at him.

"You feeling okay?"

I shake my head, resting my hand on his. "Let's just say I just want it to be tomorrow."