twelve

Whistle

The referee blew the whistle signaling that half time was over.

Dinah's team dispersed from their huddling. The team, not including Dinah, all had uneasiness looks on their face about the plan, but the Polynesian had a smugness cascaded on her own that said differently.

The said Polynesian approached the sideline, grasping the ball in her awaiting hands as the referee gave the signal that the game has started again.

As suspected, Lauren was the one to jump in and guard, as the Polynesian was about to pass the ball in.

The plan has begun.

"You actually think you can win?" Dinah said once she passed the ball overhead to Ethan.

"Absolutely." The green eyed girl replied with a smirk. Following the taller opponent man to man.

"Well, you're definitely not winning over there." The Polynesian girl drifted a knowing look over her shoulder at the direction of the bleachers.

Lauren's curiosity getting the better of the game, she took a quick glance at the bleachers, but instantly regretted her decision. She saw, no not Lucy, but Camila, laughing with a rather tall, attractive, and muscular-built guy. Obviously trying to leer in her girl- No, she means crush. Just crush.

Envy rooted through her veins, taking a last distasteful look before turning back towards the game. But she wasn't quick enough to get her head in on time.

That's when she felt a strong force knocking her right in the face. Stumbling back a bit, Lauren grimaced at the stinging pain in her cheek. She already knew it was going to leave a bruise.

Glaring at the direction the ball came from, her eyes met a guilt stricken Shelley. Shelley had stolen the ball from her opponent, thinking that Lauren would have caught the ball once she passed it, but miscalculated since the green-eyed girl's focus was elsewhere.

"Are you okay?" The referee came over and asked.

"I'm good." She waved off at the male referee.

Even if it wasn't for the better, she casted a final look over at the bleachers. The presence of the male threat was no longer there, but instead a concerned looking Camila was looking at her direction.

Huffing angrily, she submerged back into the game.

Dinah kept up her smug attitude, although she did mentally pat herself on the back for an efficient phase on her plan. She wasn't expecting the ball to hit the dark-haired girl's face, but it was a comedic turn of events.

She could see the veins bulging out on the back of Lauren's hands, showing how she was squeezing her fists to control her anger. From simply getting distracted, letting Dinah distract her, and mostly the guy that Camila was laughing in the presence of. But Dinah knew her best friend better, and sometimes she laughed for no reason or for some reason. One of the reasons was she laughed when she was uncomfortable or nervous.

Changing the possession of the ball to Dinah's team, since the ball that hit Lauren's face rolled away into out of bounce.

The green-eyed girl's team set up defense, while Zendaya passed the ball to Madison. She dribbled and alternated between both hands. Once they crossed half court, the opposing team channeled aggressive defense on them. Madison passed the ball on her right to Grayson, who attempted to penetrate into the paint zone, but instantly boxed out by Jaden. Grayson attempted to drive into the paint zone again, but faked at the last second to pass it to Dinah who was free to take the shot. The Polynesian shot the ball into the net, and a gratifying swoosh was made. Her team members giving her low-fives before running back to their half of the court to defend.