five

It was 6:52.

In some sort of blur between then and now. Like the imaginary clock inside her brain was ticking faster. Or, maybe the fact that Camila was more nervous, and a little bit reluctant now going. But overall she knew she was going, even if some piece of her protested.

Her and Dinah now choosing outfits to go to their 'group date'. Something causal, because it was somewhere along the boardwalk in a big space. But, a little bit taste of their own style.

Camila chose to wear a white crop top with the word 'Stussy' edge on to it, the logo on top of the word, as well as black ripped jeans, and a pair of white converse hi-tops. Wearing a little bit of make up, but keeping a sort of 'natural look' to it. Her brunette tresses down, natural waves cascading down her back.

Alongside to her, Dinah chose to wear a black bomber jacket that had little cool badges and symbols featured on the jacket itself. With, a plain black tank top underneath, contrasting with high-waisted acid wash shorts, and a pair of black converse hi-tops, similar towards Camila's white ones. Her blond hair down in waves, wearing minimal make up but adding a touch of mascara to it.

Both nodding to themselves and each other in the mirror, they both agreed they looked pretty good. Hopefully the other three people they'll be with it agreed as well.

Heading out the door of the Cabello's beach house, they made their way to the car. Dinah entered through the driver seat, while Camila sat next to her in the passenger seat or the 'shotgun'. The Polynesian girl had gotten her license a few months ago, when the brunette still hasn't got her own, believing herself that she was too 'clumsy' or not 'functional' to drive a car by herself. When all safety was insured, they backed out of the parking lot and went to the designated address.

"What do you think we're gonna do?" Asked the shorter girl.

"We'll see, isn't it by the boardwalk though?" Dinah replied from the driver seat.

"Mhm." Camila hummed. Glancing at the clock, she read the digital numbers.

7:41

Just in time, they pulled up to their destination. Lucky enough to find a parking space, lights and colorfulness was the first thing they saw. The sun's essence was almost gone, an orange shade touching the earth while a dark blue touched the sky, the moon peaking out already, contrasting beautifully with the lights.

Their eyes settled over a bright and big Ferris wheel, along with rides and contraptions, hovering over the scene were similar looking ski-lodge crates over the carnival but without the winter scene below, there were also booths filled with games that promised prizes and more, children running around holding cotton candy, sugar puffs around their mouth. One family with a little kid on his father's shoulders, and a mother holding a young girl's hand. Everyone had a smile on their face, some faces had looks of concentration trying to win the prize in front of them. The green eyed girl failed to mention that they were going to a carnival. A very spectacular one.