eight

Camila didn't like her. Not at all.

Sun-kissed skin and petite physique but a fit tone, with long chestnut hair flowing down her shoulders. She definitely looked like a model.

Camila watched the girl all too affectionate towards Lauren, the comfort in space too close for the Cuban-Mexican girl's liking. Caressing the green eyed girl's abs with her small hands softly, while the said girl pouted cutely. The two had a conversation that the shorter girl couldn't hear, considering the distance from land to water, also the ruckus of her other three friends splashing each other loudly behind her.

When the girl, Lucy Vives, as she was introduced much to Camila's distaste, joined the plans that all five of them had at a place called "Fantasy Lake", a large pond that had ropes, swings, divers, and sorts of water contraptions.

They first saw Lucy at the entering sign, bikini clad with a toned stomach, waving at Lauren happily. They rushed into a crushing hug together, the green eyed girl arms around her waist, while the girl's arms wrapped around her neck tightly. Lauren picked up the slim girl lightly, rocking them sideways, their bare skin contacting that left Camila slightly uneasy at the touch. She was nice too, which made Camila more irritable towards her.

Now, the brunette's body was submerged into murky dark green pond, the water reaching up to under her chin while she watched Lauren and Lucy interact. Hair slicked back wet, a darker shade of brown locks from the water differing from her light brown tussles. Chocolate eyes narrowing at them like an alligator in the water looking at its prey, ready strike.

She didn't know what they were. What sort of connection that was associated between them, maybe just a friend? Friends with benefits? Girlfriend? Maybe some sort of affectionate platonic friendship, that was misinterpreted for a relationship. Either way, it made Camila's inner streams of emotions turn into turmoil.

The three stooges behind her splashed each other in a frenzy, squeals of joy erupting from their wide open mouths. Camila didn't know how to react when she felt a weight on her back, immediately taking her pointed gaze off from the pair on land. Straightaway, she thought of the worse possible scenario that caused her body to submerge into the murky water all of a sudden. Darkness behind her eyelids, she remerged from the water sputtering, looking at the person who collapsed on her. A slightly guilt ridden Normani looked at her, a plastered look on her face like she was on the verge to laugh. As expected, her facade broke and laughter tumbled from her lips, doubling over and clutching her stomach. A pair of giggles bursting out along with her.

"That was an excellent backflip, Mani." Dinah laughed, motioning her hand for a high-five, both reciprocating.

"Y'all, let's go to the Tarzan ropes." Ally spoke a few moments later, gliding through the water and farther to the ankle deep shallows. The rest of them followed with a shrug, all approaching both Lauren and Lucy. Green eyes and a pair of light brown eyes turned towards them, momentarily interrupting their conversation.

Lauren looked evermore astounding if it was even possible, she thought. Her dark waves, now streaks of brown in the sunlight. Her signature snapback, that was somewhat always on her head, exceptions like the water, or whenever Camila takes it for herself and settles it on her own set of brown tussles. Lightly squinting eccentric green eyes, emeralds sparkling and bright with the sunshine just perfectly hitting the irises, speckles of little freckles sprinkled across the bridge of her nose. Man do her looks fuck you up.

"Sensitive eyes." Lucy said, lightly palming Lauren's face with her right hand. The green eyed girl swatted her hand away from her face, sticking her tongue out at the girl.

"What got a problem with green eyes?" Lauren retorted with a raise of her eyebrow at her.

"No," Lucy tapped her nose. Lauren proceeded to try and bite her finger, but she pulled back away from her quick enough. "You do that silly thing where your eyes squint into slits, and this spot," pointing at the spot between her eyebrows. "Scrunches up, and you always look like a confused puppy. Although it's cute, you need to buy yourself some sunglasses, green eyes."