two

"There you are! What took you so damn long?" Dinah asked me.

It wasn't until she looked at me, that she noticed Lauren's presence. The tall girl quirked her eyebrow at me, confused at who she was and why she was holding my hand.

"Well Dinah, this is Lauren. Lauren, this is Dinah." I gestured between the girl to my right, and the girl across from me. "Lauren and I bumped into each other on the boardwalk, quite literally." I giggled looking at the green eyed girl. She grinned at me back.

Dinah noticed the exchange in front of her and smirked. "Well Lauren, it's nice to meet you." The Polynesian girl said kindly. "You gonna hang out with us?" She added shortly.

"Yeah, if it's alright with you of course." Lauren politely said. "I don't want to intervene between your guys time." The skater girl looked between us.

"Of course it's alright dude," The taller girl reassured her. "This one was whining, so now you can take care of her." Dinah pointed at me and laughed. I scowled at her. Lauren chuckled along with her. "Will do."

Dinah looked at me, remembering something. "Hey Mila, did you get the water bottles?" She asked. Crap. I forgot all about the water bottles after my encounter with the girl standing next to me. "Aw man, I forgot." I groaned.

"Water bottles?" Lauren asked, confusion written on her face.

"Yeah, I was supposed to get them at this bright pink stand on the boardwalk, but after we ran into each other, I forgot." I said sheepishly.

"Oh! You mean Ally?" The skater girl said, realization crossed upon. Dinah and I knit our eyebrows, confused who she was talking about it. "She's the girl who works behind the stand." She formed us in, noticing our apparent confusion.

"Ohh, that's who she was! Quite sweet of her to give free water bottles, don't you think?" The Polynesian girl vocalized.

Lauren hummed in agreement. "Sure is, it is quite hot out today." We all nodded our heads simultaneously, agreeing with her.

"So Mila, I believe you have to get us some water bottles now." Dinah indicated at me.

"Ughhhh..." I groaned out loud. I already had walked so many times in the blistering sand today.

"Hey, I'll get it for you guys. Ally's my friend, and it's the least I can do." Lauren spoke up.

Before we could say anything, she let go of my hand, as well as dropping her skateboard, watching her run towards the boardwalk. When her silhouette grew smaller into the distance, Dinah pulled my arm towards her, narrowing her eyes at me.

"Okay spill, Chanch." The Polynesian declared.

"What do you mean?" I ask, acting like a knew nothing.

"I saw what happened there." Nodding her head towards the boardwalk. "That was some ran in you guys had." She said raising her eyebrow at me.

"Nothing happened." I lied.

"Cut the crap, Mila." She squinted her eyes at me. "I saw you laying on top of her, your faces were so close it looked like you were kissing from here." She mentioned. Making me blush all over again, the scene replaying in my head. "Quite chivalrous to hold your hand, huh?" Raising her eyebrow.