Epilogue

• eunha •

Two years have gone by since Jungkook and I got back together. It was hard, considering that he's studying in Seoul Institute of the Arts, reaching his dream to be a photographer while I'm in London pursuing my dream in painting at the University of the Arts London.

The nine hours difference between our time zone tested our long distance relationship.
It was hard, but soon we got the hang of it. Sometimes I would wake up to see a sleeping Jungkook behind the screen, and he would wake up to find me sleeping. Whenever he's out for photowalk, I would catch up with my plates and paint as much as I can outdoors.

We even already had our schedules laid out. Our dates would always be the two of us eating in front of a screen, I would munch on my breakfast while he would silently eat his dinner. We would always talk about how our days went, and he would send me random photos of nature around him.

There are times he would send me photos of what the night sky in Seoul looks like, sometimes it's flowers that are about to bloom. But the one thing he never fails to send to me are photos of the sunflowers we planted before I went to Europe.

We treat our sunflowers like babies, he even come up with the name Sunny.

Now, every single day I wake up, I would expect to see a cute morning text from him accompanied by a photo of our sunflower looking up at the sunny sky. It always makes me smile and makes my day better even without him by my side.

But for the last two weeks, I didn't received a single message from him.

"Don't worry, I'm sure if he see's you in front of his door, he'll have a hard time getting mad at you." My friend Kayla winked, reminding me to be positive. "I really hope so." I pouted looking at the black screen of my phone. "I'll see you soon okay?" I nodded as she was embracing me. "Bye! Have a safe trip!" She waved at me as I disappear into the ocean of busy people at London City Airport.

I've been sending him a couple of messages in kakao telling how sorry I am for forgetting our dinner date a couple of nights ago, but he still won't reply back. He's still mad at me for missing his video call seven times. I was on my art room, finishing a couple of portrait paintings for my finals. I didn't want to fail in my portrait class, because if I do, it means I'll have to cancel my flight going back to Seoul. I can't risk not seeing him for another year.

My only fault is not telling him about it. I wanted to surprise him about me going back to Seoul on our anniversary that's why I wanted to finish all my paintings a week before deadline, so I can have an extra week vacation before I go back to the university again.

Jungkook and I have fought many times over the phone but we would always resolve it before one of us sleep, or the next day when it's something serious. This is the very first time I missed his calls, and it's unfair to me. Whenever he misses my calls, I would forgive him instantly, saving ourselves from fighting over such a petty thing.

I can't believe he's using the silent treatment to me.

'You know what? I don't care. Let him sulk.' I thought to myself as I put my phone back into my small pocket. 'But it's my fault.' I argued to myself.

I whimpered, feeling my defeat. No matter how much I think about it, it really is my fault. I should have told him that I needed to work on my finals and can't make it on time for our video call date. I should have told him that it's important for me to finish it on time so I can fly home as fast as possible.
I fished out my phone from my pocket, asking Yerin for help.

eunha
does kookie know i'm coming?
i want to surprisw him :(

yerinnie
idk
he;s not even answering  tae's call
what happened wiht u two?