Chapter 24

• eunha •

"I'll sleep on the floor." Jungkook and Jimin said at the same time.

"I-" I was about to disagree to them but Jimin interrupted me.

"Ah! My back hurts from all this driving." He placed his hands on his lower back and scrunched his face. I wasn't too convinced on his poor acting. "I guess Jungkook will sleep on the floor right?" He looked at Jungkook to which he nodded in agreement.

"It's settled then!" Yerin said then they all went inside one by one leaving me outside with Jungkook.

He was standing there next to me while I was trying to digest what just happened. I'm not sure if my senses are right but there's definitely something going on. Ever since this morning, they kept on pushing Jungkook to me for whatever reason. Not that I'm complaining but, I'm worried about Jungha's feelings. Why isn't she saying anything about this?

"I'll go get extra pillows and blanket." Jungkook said.

"You uh- you don't have to." I stuttered. "I'll get them for you." I replied then walked away.

The main desk where the ajumma who takes care of the place is easy to find but I didn't go there exactly. I want to explore the whole place by myself, to take in what's going on and prepare myself for what might happen if I go back and find myself to be the reason for Jungha's jealousy.

I walked towards the direction that says koi fish pond, opposite to where I'm supposed to go. The fish pond had a small archway designed by beautiful plants on the side. It was filled by beautiful summer colors that lightened up my mood instantly.

I walked towards the small wooden bridge and enjoyed the watching the koi fish below me. There's so many of them that I gave up counting how many are they. The golden color of the fishes reflects the sun above me, they're like moving stars across the dark pond. I'm amazed how glistening they are, I've never seen any fish shine like them before.

I want to feed them something, gladly I still have the crackers in my pocket that Yerin gave to me this morning. This was supposed to be for the seagulls, but I guess this is why we weren't able to feed them, so I can play with all the koi fish here as I feed them.

I walked towards the edge of the pond and left the bridge so I can throw the crackers near to my feet, attracting them to come near me. I took my shoes off and sat on the big pile of rock placed on the pond, my feet dangling, almost reaching the waters.

I started throwing bits of the crackers near me but not a single fish ate it. So I got up and threw another bits of crackers as far as I can so it would reach to where the fish are. I waited for a couple of seconds before one of the white platinum colored koi fish ate it. I smiled that it actually ate the crackers, I thought they wouldn't like it.

With that, I made a trail of crackers leading to my feet. The white koi fish ate the second cracker that I threw before the other fishes started fighting for the crackers. The smile on my fish keeps getting bigger the more they eat it.

Now that they're near my feet, I got to observe them more. There are a lot of white colored koi that has orange stains on them, there's also this black and orange koi that I didn't know exists. I thought all koi fishes are in white and orange or red color only. I also noticed that there's only one fish that's plain in color, the one who first ate the cracker, and I think it's the most beautiful among them.