Chapter 22

• eunha •

"Jung Eunha! Wake up already or else we're gonna be late for the ferry ride!" She opened the curtains wide, letting all the sunlight enter the room. I squinted my eyes because of the brightness so I hid under my blanket. "If you don't get up now I'm gonna call Jungkook to come in here and-"

"I'm up! I'm up!" I jumped out of the bed right away and she laughed at me. Although she's joking about asking Jungkook to wake me up, I can't risk it.

"Come on. Wash yourself now. Breakfast is almost ready." She threw me my towel and I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'll get even remember that." I warned her before I enter the bathroom but all I heard was a chuckle from her.

After breakfast, Jimin and Jungha waited outside for us. They'll also be going with us in Udo Island, the biggest among all the islets surrounding Jeju. It's a two hours drive and a good thirty minutes on ferry, we need to arrived there on time since there's only one schedule for the ferry everyday, which means if we missed it, we'll have to wait another 24 hours for it to comeback.

Mingyu and I took the backseat, Yerin, Taehyung and Jungkook sat on the middle row while Jungha sat on the passenger seat next to Jimin. Everyone was already packed up for the ride when Mingyu suddenly became agitated.

"Is there something wrong?" I saw him looking for something.

"Yeah..I can't find my phone." He sighed. "Wait here. I must have left it in my bed." I nodded.

"Hyung, I left my phone in the bedroom, can you look for it? Since you're next to the door. Please?" He asked Taehyung who was sitting in front of him.

"Ugh. Seriously?" Taehyung groaned and opened the door. He then pushed the mechanism below his seat, folding it to reveal a space so Mingyu can get out of the car. "You look for it." He added.

Mingyu then immediately jumped out of the car and went back to the house. While I was waiting for him, I took my phone out of my pocket and started composing a text message for my parents about how our trip in Jeju has been so far but I didn't mention Jungkook. I was half way through the text when I felt someone sit beside me.

"That was fast." I said while still looking at my phone. "Did you find it?" I added when Mingyu didn't say anything.

"Found it!" Mingyu's voice outside the car froze me.

I slowly looked at who's next to me although I already knew who it could be. Jungkook's head was leaning against the window with his eyes closed, his earphones were plugged into his ears as usual.

I know he's not really sleeping but I'm slightly relieved that he had his eyes closed, I hope he stays that way until we arrived at the ferry station.

"I- uh. I guess I'll stay here Eunha." Mingyu said without the slightest look of surprise even though he saw Jungkook took his seat.

"Sorry." I mouthed at him looking unsure. Then he smiled, reassuring me that everything will be fine.

An hour has passed since Jimin started driving but everyone else was already sleeping except for me. I couldn't get myself to relax, my mind still wonders why Jungkook is sitting next to me. Why didn't he chose to sit next to Jungha? Did they got into a fight because of me? Did Jungha found out that I'm Jungkook's ex girlfriend?

I looked at Jungkook's sleeping form again, he didn't move an inch. He still looks angelic and calm when he's sleeping but a lot of things has changed. His black hair now turned brown, a small silver ring earrings now hangs on both of his ears. His lips are now more pink than it used too.

"You can kiss me if you want to." He said with a smirk on his face. My eyes widened when I realized that he caught me looking at his lips, then looked away.

"I- s- sorry." I stuttered.

Then, he rested his head on my right shoulder. I felt my body stiffened and was unable to say a word. Good thing that Jimin is too focused on the road ahead and everyone else were sleeping, nobody will see how red my face is.

"Can you-" I started but he cut me off.

"Please-" He sighed. "-let us stay like this even for a bit." He sounded desperate. I felt something heavy on my chest after hearing what he said. Maybe I'm not the only one who's struggling to keep both feet on the ground.

[A/N: guys!! if you're reading this on your phone via wattpad app and you're connected to wifi,  you may click on the volume icon on the right side so you can hear the music I attached here while you read. I'm not sure if it works for the web version of wattpad tho :( anywayyyy hope you enjoy the short music clip. ]

After a while, he started humming. I couldn't recognized what song it was, all I could do is silently enjoy his beautiful voice. He reached for my ear to stick the other side of his earphones so we could listen to it both. I didn't really mind until I heard what the song was.

"Lately I've been thinking,
Thinking about what we had,
I know it was hard,
It was all that we knew.

Have you been drinking?
To take all the pain away?
I wish that I could give you what you deserve

'Cause nothing can ever,
Ever replace you.
Nothing can make me feel like you do
You know there's no one
I can relate to.
And know we won't find a love that's so true

There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together through the storm.
There's nothing like us,
There's nothing like you and me,
Together.."

After he sang those lines to me, I took the earphones out and gave it back to him. I felt my heart breaking, it was a pain that somehow comforted me but I still couldn't bring myself to listen to the whole song.

I started to shift my position to move away from him but he held my hand tightly and whispered. "There's just a few minutes left, please." I sighed and let him be.

----------------

You may have noticed that I like to include song lyrics in the story hehehe I just feel like it's more dramatic I guess? lol but that's just me XD plus it kind of makes up for the not so good story line heuheueheuh. Don't forget to vote and comment! ♥

Stay cute bunnies!

-jinjuya