Chapter 28

• jungkook •

"Get some rest." Eunha nodded and slowly her eyes become weary. "Good night." I added then kissed her forehead before jumping out of her bed.

I took the extra pillows and blanket and started to make my own bed on the floor. Everyone else are also preparing to sleep except for Jimin hyung who's already passed out on his bed. He drank most of the soju a while ago with the girl named Yuju and now he's drunk. I chuckled at the view, Jungha's taking care of his drunk brother and I can see how annoyed she is.

When I glanced below Eunha's bed, I noticed that Mingyu is nowhere to be found. I stepped outside and saw him still sitting around the bonfire so I grabbed two cans of beer and went to him.

"Here," He looked at me quite surprised before taking the beer can that I offered to him and sat, keeping a distance. Awkward silence loomed us, only the sound of the flickering fire can be heard. Even though Eunha didn't mention anything about me apologizing to Mingyu, I know she would want us to be in good terms. I guess that's why I took the initiative to keep him company.

"I uh-" I broke the silence that's been eating us. "-uh I'm sorry for what I did before. I acted without thinking and let my emotion get the best of me." I exhaled. I waited for him to say something but he was silent. "Eunha didn't asked me to apologize, but we both know she'll us ask to make up soon." I stated and both of us laughed quietly.

"Yeah." He replied before taking a sip on his beer. "I should apologize too, I'm sorry for everything." Sincerity can be heard on the sound of his voice. "I know how it feels, unable to talk, hold or even look at the person you love. Watching from a distance while some other guy take your place beside her." He looked down. "I understand why you did it." he chuckled, pertaining on how I managed to wreck his face.

"Thank you," I spoke before he could continue. "For taking care of her when I couldn't, for staying with her when she needed someone, for loving her." Mingyu raised his bottle of beer with a small smile on his face. We cheered, knowing in ourselves that we already forgave each other.

Back in school, I would threaten him with my stare whenever he picks on Eunha, but I never took it further than that. And now I know why he had that behaviour towards her, he's been secretly in love with Eunha and since pretty much the whole school know about our relationship, Mingyu couldn't bring himself to confess.

I'm lucky that it was him, that it was Mingyu who stayed beside her. Who knows what could have happened to Eunha if it was Min Yoongi, the famous bastard in school who never fails to broadcast that he will steal Eunha from me. Every single day he would get everyone's attention in the canteen, some people doesn't even care anymore, they would rather just focus on eating their lunch than listen to his plan of how he's going to whip Eunha from me.

Sometimes Eunha would get scared just by going to her locker alone, Yoongi would lean beside her locker, waiting for her. At first he would just initiate small talks, and Eunha would answer him even if she didn't want to just to be polite. Then, small talks is soon accompanied by touching her hair or brushing her hands "accidentally" until the time when he pinned her against the lockers and forcedly kiss her. That very same day Yoongi and I ended up in the principal's office.

"But if you leave her again," Mingyu pointed at me, I snapped back to reality. "My knuckles isn't the only thing that'll land on your face." He stated and we both laugh.

"I know I know." I jokingly said but I know that he's serious about it. "Come on, let's go to sleep. I'm exhausted." I yawned.

We started walking back with his arms around my shoulders like we're best friends. It such a shame that we harbour the same feelings towards Eunha, Mingyu and I could have been great friends like how I'm with Taehyung and Jimin hyung.

My body is exhausted but my mind won't let me sleep. I keep on thinking about how Eunha will react when she finds out that Mingyu and I have made up makes me grin already. No matter what expression she wears, it would always end up cute because of her big eyes and small face. Her aegyo comes out naturally, she doesn't have to try, and it's one of the many things I love about her.

I chuckled under the blanket after I remembered how I stood up Jungha last grad ball. Maybe it was destined for me to play in that computer shop, I was so drunk in the game that I didn't notice the sun was gone, as well as my phone. I set an alarm in my phone to remind me to pack up and get ready for the ball, but I guess it's just not meant to be. I didn't get to attend the grad ball so I didn't get to ask Jungha to be my girlfriend.

Thinking about it now, I'm glad I lost my phone. Everything would have been more complicated if me and Jungha really became a couple. Yes I did like her because she reminds me of Eunha, but I know deep inside that no one can replace Eunha in my heart.

There's a thin line between coincidence and fate. A lot of people get confused if the thing that their hearts desired the most, that one thing they keep on wishing for, is meant to appear in front of them after such a very long time or just probably a mere coincidence.

But after I saw Eunha that night, the heavens proved to me that we really are fated for each other. I started to pity those people who let their love ones walk away after giving them a second chance. It is such a cruel thing to witness, I'm glad I'm one of the few who did everything they can when life decided to give me a second chance with Eunha.

---------------------

my update took longer than expected im so sorry ;;

the holidays here in the philippines are such a big deal, I've been busy the whole week preparing for chirstmas ugh I hate it when im busy ;; all i want to do is read and fangirl the entire day HAHAHA I mean who doesn't right? I quickly made this chapter today at around 2am and I finished by 6am huhuh so I won't feel like I abandoned u guys this xmas lol hahaha so im sorry for any major typos and grammar shits I didn't have time to proof read.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays cute bunnies! Love you so much guys! 8k+ reads and 700+ votes are the perfect xmas gift to me THANK YOU SO MUUUUCH! ♥♥♥

-jinjuya