37

Carlee

Two Weeks Later

Nya and I walked around a baby furniture store looking for things for the nursery. I'm so happy that I didn't have to do this alone today. Chris has been so busy with work, he's barely answered my texts or calls.

We're still looking for a new place so until we get something, I'll be staying at his place.

Truthfully I was ready for our move to Cali but things happen. Maybe once the baby is older.

"I really love this bassinet." Nya pointed out.

"That is cute, let me send it to Chris." I snapped a picture of it and sent the text.

"That's like the 10th thing you've sent to Chris that he has yet to respond to. What is he doing?"

"Working, something that I wish I was doing."

"Why aren't you?"

"Everybody thinks I should just relax until I have my baby but that's not what I want to do."

"Well do what you want to do. I'm looking for someone to contact my vendors when I need to restock my boutiques, I know you'd be amazing at that and you can do it from home. You've always been a busy body so I know that being on your ass all day is killing you."

"It is, but Chris would be so mad if I worked."

"So what?! It's not like you're doing hard labor. It's just making a phone call."

"I guess that won't do any harm."

"Why did you stop working for him? He was your boss right?"

"While I was working for him we were dating and I just found out I was pregnant and on top of that he had his ex living with him and I didn't know so I broke up with him and quit. I think us working together isn't a good idea anyway."

"So he has a new assistant now?"

"Yeah, Karin." I rolled my eyes.

"Uh oh. What's wrong with her? Do I need to beat her ass?"

"I just don't trust her but I'm the one who hired her so if I fire her I'll just be making myself look stupid. I'm trying to give her a chance before I call her hoe or anything."

"She must be pretty or something?"

"She's really pretty, she reminds me of myself and that's what makes me nervous. I don't want to seem insecure."

"Chris doesn't look like the cheating type though."

"No but sometimes he can be way too nice and girls can take somebody being nice as them flirting or liking them but I told her as long as she doesn't cross me we'll be good,"

"That's crazy LeeLee. You shouldn't even have to have those type of conversations with her. She should've never gave you that vibe."

"But I could just be overreacting."

"You're pregnant so you're always going to overreact but you might be right about her."