16.

Carlee
One Week Later

I was at my dad house doing physical therapy for my hand. I got my cast off the other day and I couldn't have been happier. My hand still hurts like hell but I'm glad it's getting better. I just wanna go back to work!

Going to see Chris was the scariest thing I've done in a while. I didn't expect him to be all over me when he saw me but I damn sure didn't expect for him to be all quiet.

Maybe he was in shock, maybe he's just not interested anymore.

It's been a week since I've been up there and I haven't even heard from him.

So I guess he's done with me.

"Carlee, are you focusing? You aren't even trying to bend your wrist." Leslie said.

"I am focusing, this hurts."

"I know but if you want your wrist back to normal you have to bend it so those bones won't stiffen up."

I took a deep breath then attempted to bend my wrist again. This is the only thing I hated. I can move my fingers just fine, I can twist my wrist but bending it KILLS me!

Once I finally got it how she wants it she had me hold it in that position.

"Perfect, good job." She said. "Okay, I'm gonna go grab you an ice pack then I'll make us some lunch. Cool?"

I nodded.

I picked up my phone and started scrolling through Instagram.

*Ding Dong*

I looked back at the door.

"Lesliiiiieeee!" I yelled out.

She didn't answer and the bell rung again.

"Lesliiiiieee! Somebody's at the door."

Still no answer. My crutches were all the way in the living room and she'd kill me if she saw me up on this foot.

Well whoever is at the door is going away so I have to go answer it.

I got up as quietly as I could and walked over to the door and opened it.

"Chris."

He had a vase of flowers in his hands.

"H.hey." He said nervously.

"Hey."

"These are for you." He passed me the vase.

"Thanks, they're beautiful." I hopped backwards. "Come in."

He walked inside and closed the floor.

"CARLEE!" Leslie squealed.

"I had to answer the door! I called your name, you didn't respond."

She shook her head and went to get my crutches. Once she came back with them I handed the vase back to Chris.

"If you stay off that foot for another week you can start using it. Hello Chris."