36

Christopher

Monday morning

I sat at my desk looking at houses for us to buy. Now that we know what we're having we can get a move on things.

I was hoping that our baby would be born in Cali but I've hit a road block with getting things done over there so it looks like CMB2 will be born in Atlanta. I guess that's okay. We don't have to worry about our family making it in time just in case Carlee goes into labor before she's scheduled to.

*knock knock knock*

"Come in."

The door opened and Karin walked in with a cup of coffee. Carlee told her not to do that.

"Hey there." She said while placing the cup in front of me.

"Karin, you didn't have to do this."

"I know but I stopped by Starbucks before work so I decided to grab this for you."

"Uh, thanks."

"So , what's the verdict." She asked while smiling.

I looked at her confused. "I don't know what you mean?"

"Boy or girl? I overheard a few people talking about your gender reveal party last friday?"

"Oh, it's a boy."

"I know you're excited. I'm sure Carlee wanted a girl. She probably won't even know what to do with an active little boy."

"I'm sure she'll be fine."

"Is he going to be named after you?"

"I'm not sure...um look Karin, I know you're just trying to be nice but out of respect for my fiancé, I think we should keep things strictly professional. I don't want her to think anything because I know if she sees you being too friendly it'll be a situation that we don't need."

"I understand. Her fiance is very attractive and if I was in her shoes I'd be the same."

That's something that I wasn't going to respond to so I just sat back in my chair.

"If you need me I'll be in my office." She walked out.

Rubbing my face and shaking my head, I went back to focusing on these houses.

Karin is a cool girl but I'm just trying to avoid all drama between her and Carlee. When she first walked into the conference room the day of her interview I can't lie I thought she was beautiful. As long as I look and don't touch I'm okay.

But I thought that once Carlee saw her she would tell her that she aint getting this job and to leave. Maybe she let her stay so that she could see how faithful I can be. Carlee knows she has nothing to worry about though. I love her and only want her.

Later On

I locked my office door then headed to the elevator.

"Christopher, make sure Carlee doesn't forget our lunch date tomorrow." Tracey said.

"I got you T."

The doors opened and I stepped on, when the doors were almost shut a tiny hand stopped them. Karin stepped on, she went and stood in the counter. Her head stayed down and she stared at her feet.

"Hey I wasn't trying to be mean earlier, I'm trying to avoid any chaos."

"Mr. Brown it's fine. But you don't have to worry about anything, I'm not some home wrecker. Carlee is very nice and I'm not trying to get on her bad side."